Reese Witherspoons kids make her stay groundedJanuary 13th, 2008 - 3:38 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Jan 13 (ANI): American actress Reese Witherspoon has revealed that her kids make her stay grounded.
In a recent interview with Marie Claire, the Walk the Line star said that she feels very fortunate to have a flexible job, as she can spend a lot of time with her kids.
The Oscar winner has two kids with ex-husband Ryan Philippe 8-year-old daughter Ava, and 4-year-old son Deacon.
“Like every working parent, I sometimes feel that there are not enough hours in the day,” People quoted her, as telling the mag.
“But overall, I’m very fortunate that my job has a lot of flexibility. I spend a lot of time with the kids, just around the house. They’re still pretty young, so I feel like what I can mostly do is listen to them and be there for them,” she added.
She also said that as a mother, she worries about how her kids would face the world while growing up.
“I worry about my kids growing up and how the world might hurt them. But at the same time, I absolutely do not worry about them growing up because they have great values and a great sense of self,” she said.
The 31-year-old New Orleans native, who is currently rumoured to be engaged to boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal, said she had learned her parenting skills from her own mother and father.
“I had parents who believed I could do anything and I know how that made me feel,” says the actress.
“I think both my parents, having careers in the medical profession, feel they are helping people on a daily basis, and that was inculcated in me as a value. I had to struggle with giving up the idea of becoming a doctor myself,” she added. (ANI)
- Witherspoon finds internet challenging - Oct 04, 2011
- Witherspoon wants to have more kids - Feb 10, 2012
- I was terrified to travel: Witherspoon - Oct 07, 2011
- No superhero movies for Reese Witherspoon! - Dec 11, 2010
- Reese Witherspoon says she feels more sexually confident at 34 - Dec 01, 2010
- No superhero movies for Reese Witherspoon - Dec 12, 2010
- Reese Witherspoon says she would like to have more kids - Jan 18, 2011
- I feel a lot sexier now: Witherspoon - Feb 27, 2012
- Ryan trusts Witherspoon to chose right suitor - Apr 14, 2010
- Dunst looking for companionship - Dec 01, 2011
- Tara Sharma prepares for second season of TV show - May 31, 2012
- Witherspoon's kids made her a content individual - Jan 26, 2011
- When Reese Witherspoon's kids 'freaked out' over softball accident - Dec 08, 2010
- Dia, Prachi recall their mothers' selfless love - May 12, 2012
- Late parenthood made me more focussed: Watts - Sep 28, 2011
Tags: actress reese, american actress, becoming a doctor, careers in the medical profession, daily basis, daughter ava, deacon, flexibility, flexible job, husband ryan, jake gyllenhaal, marie claire, mother and father, oscar winner, parenting skills, reese witherspoon, reese witherspoons, ryan philippe, sense of self, walk the line