Redford slams ’self-obsessed’ young starsNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:53 am ICT by admin
“Today more than ever, I see young actors going into the business of themselves. They find some commercial hook and they play it out. You see them doing every magazine cover, every TV show. I think that’s a mistake,” Contactmusic quoted Redford, as saying.
Talking about his early days, the 71-year-old said that growing up him in LA gave him the advantage of not making Hollywood the end of ‘his rainbow’.
“One of the benefits of growing up in L.A. was that Hollywood wasn’t the end of my rainbow. As a kid, I would see famous actors and say, ‘Oh s**t, that person is bald’ or whatever,” he said.
“Furthermore, I always benefitted from having interests outside L.A. I felt it was important to be in Utah, to raise my kids there. It was grounding for them and me.,” he said.
Redford added that he took up films only as a medium to make ’social statements’.
“I came to see Hollywood as a place where I could make social statements under the guise of entertainment - and then get out,” he said. (ANI)
- 'I Am 24' inspired by 'bald' Saurabh Shukla's life (With Images) - Aug 02, 2012
- Mystery of a double rainbow revealed - Dec 24, 2010
- France honors American actor Robert Redford with 'Knight of the Legion Honor' - Oct 15, 2010
- Robert Redford laments not being asked to star in movies anymore - Jan 27, 2011
- Robert Redford brings Sundance Film Festival to London - Mar 16, 2011
- Saurabh Shukla defends adult content in films - Aug 10, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna most romantic Bollywood hero: Imran Khan (Film Snippets) - Jun 23, 2010
- Box office offers mix bag this Friday (IANS preview) - Aug 29, 2012
- Robert Redford Conferred The Knight Of The Legion Of Honor By French President - Oct 15, 2010
- 'I M 24' - an internet rom-com worth a watch (IANS Movie Review) - Sep 01, 2012
- Kunder's 'Joker' only 105 minutes long - Aug 24, 2012
- Neil excited about big screen love story (Movie Snippets) - Dec 26, 2011
- Kids bring spontaneity on sets, says Parvin Dabas - Aug 30, 2012
- Young filmmakers should think internationally: Satish Kaushik - Nov 13, 2011
- After revolutionaries, porn stars fancy Twitter - Jul 20, 2012