Redford hits out at Bush over Iraq warNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:45 am ICT by admin
Redford, who has directed and is the main protagonist of the anti-war thriller, came out with blazing guns against Bush and the war in Iraq.
“Our country has hit a point where we have lost so much,” Variety quoted him, as saying.
“We have lost lives, we’ve lost sacred freedoms, we’ve lost financial stability; we’ve lost our position of respect on the world stage.”
The movie is also set to open the American Film Institute festival on Nov.1.
It will be then be released in the US, after which it will hit theatres in the UK and Italy. (ANI)
- Spider-Man's Identity Revealed! Andrew Garfield is the Webslinging Hero - Jul 02, 2010
- Meryl Streep to be honored with a Golden Bear at the Berlin Film Festival - Jan 02, 2012
- Meryl Streep wants Voila Davis to win Oscar - Feb 26, 2012
- Vidya signs Rs.5 crore sari endorsement deal (With Images) - Aug 30, 2012
- Streep hopes 'Iron Lady' will inspire filmmakers - Jan 06, 2012
- Steve Carell to play marriage therapist - Feb 22, 2011
- Julia Roberts to be honoured with acting award in Spain - Aug 17, 2010
- Meryl Streep To Play Margaret Thatcher - Jul 04, 2010
- Robert Redford Conferred The Knight Of The Legion Of Honor By French President - Oct 15, 2010
- Streep donates film fee for charity - Nov 20, 2011
- Spice Girls may turn 'Viva Forever!' into movie - Jul 01, 2012
- French film 'The Artist' leads 69 Golden Globe Awards nomination - Dec 16, 2011
- Julia Roberts honoured with Lifetime Achievement award - Sep 21, 2010
- Ryder dreads turning 40 - Dec 20, 2010
- When train passengers awaited a 'runaway lion' - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: american film institute, bush and the war in iraq, financial stability, freedoms, guns, iraq war, lions for lambs, lost lives, meryl streep, nov 1, protagonist, thriller, tom cruise, veteran, war in iraq, world stage