Recording new album was like therapy: Ronan KeatingMarch 3rd, 2010 - 8:39 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 3 (IANS) Boyzone singer Ronan Keating says that recording the new album “Brother” was like therapy as the band members could pour their hearts out in the songs.
He said that the “negative energy” the band was feeling after the death of Stephen Gately helped make it their best record yet, reports contactmusic.com.
“Events happened last year which almost forced this album so quickly upon us. We would have taken a bit more time but we found all that negative energy we had, and were feeling, went into the album. It was our way of releasing it,” Keating said in an interview.
“We spent most of the end of last year… finishing this album. It was like therapy in a way for us,” he added.
The group was part way through recording new album “Brother” at the time of Gately’s tragic death and decided to release the album as soon as possible in his honour.
- Boyzone to release new album featuring Gately - Nov 01, 2009
- Boyzone plans hologram of Stephen Gately - Feb 22, 2010
- Ronan fondly remembers bandmate Stephen Gately - Oct 24, 2009
- Boyzone to release new track featuring Stephen Gately's vocals - Jan 19, 2010
- Boyzone to release new album this year - Apr 03, 2011
- Keating wants to live stress-free life - Sep 02, 2012
- Stephan Gately website launched on his first death anniversary - Oct 11, 2010
- Keating nervous about album release - Jan 16, 2012
- Duffy dismisses Boyzone splitting rumours - Jun 14, 2011
- Keating suffering panic attacks since Gately's death - Nov 16, 2009
- Boyzone to pay tribute to late band member - Nov 09, 2009
- Boyzone bandmates plan to release album featuring Gately - Nov 01, 2009
- Grief stricken Ronan Keating unsure about Boyzone tour - Nov 04, 2009
- Ronan Keating 'accused of cheating by wife' - May 21, 2010
- Boyzone star Stephen Gately dies in Spain - Oct 11, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,