Recession-hit Kylie Minogue makes it to UK’s rich listApril 27th, 2009 - 1:23 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr 27 (ANI): Despite losing money in the ongoing economic crisis, pop princess Kylie Minogue has managed to land a spot in the UK rich list.
According to the list compiled by The Sunday Times, Minogue appeared on the 46th spot among the Top 50 wealthiest musicians with a personal fortune of more than 70 million dollars.
However, the 40-year-old crooner’s net worth had dropped from last year where she was estimated to be worth 83.5 million dollars.
With the income hit, Minogue has joined the likes of Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger and Robbie Williams who have suffered a 10 per cent drop in earnings last year due to the global downturn.
According to the listing, Kylie was worth 71.25 million dollars, equal to that of Ronnie Wood, Mick Hucknell and Jamiroquai frontman Jay Kay, reports News.com.au.
She still remains one of the richest female singers in the world.
South African-born record executive 62-yer-old Clive Calder was the richest music millionaire living in Britain with a personal fortune of 2.6 billion dollars. (ANI)
- McCartney moves up on rich musicians list - Apr 27, 2012
- Bill Gates stays richest American for 17th year in a row - Sep 23, 2010
- Jackman, Kidman in Australia's Top 10 richest entertainers list - Dec 01, 2010
- Recession hits British pop stars - Apr 24, 2009
- 11 of the world's top 20 wealthiest self-made women are Chinese - Oct 13, 2010
- Ousted President Mubarak and sons referred to Egyptian criminal court - May 24, 2011
- Thai Indian entrepreneur's wealth soars by 252 percent - Sep 02, 2010
- Man City owner overtakes steel tycoon Mittal again in football rich owners list - Oct 07, 2010
- Australian Billionaire Gina Rinehart is now the world's richest woman - May 24, 2012
- Mukesh Ambani richest among 48 Indian billionaires - Mar 08, 2012
- Why the Queen refused to give Mike Jagger a knighthood? - Jul 11, 2012
- Two IITians among 400 richest Americans - Sep 22, 2011
- Kylie Minogue buys $25m London apartment - Apr 06, 2011
- Beverage giant chief becomes China's richest man - Sep 30, 2010
- George Clooney's fragrance deal dropped over $30m cost - Mar 05, 2011
Tags: billion dollars, clive calder, crooner, economic crisis, female singers, global downturn, jamiroquai, jay kay, kylie minogue, mick hucknell, mick jagger, net worth, news com au, paul mccartney, personal fortune, pop princess, record executive, ronnie wood, uk rich list, wealthiest musicians