Reality romance sets in on MTV after ‘Roadies’May 29th, 2008 - 5:43 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 29(IANS) MTV is set to keep its audience glued to the screen. While the channel displayed some nail-biting stunts in its popular adventure reality show “MTV Roadies”, it is now ready to entice the audience with the new show “Splitsvilla”, about a war of love. “Splitsvilla”, going on air Friday, is a romance reality show wherein 20 girls would compete to woo two boys not just for love, fame or money, but a chance to become MTV’s first couple VJ.
Ashish Patil, general manager and vice-president (Creative and Content) MTV, says “Splitsvilla” will write a new rule for love. “The show would detonate all boundaries on romance, heart-breaks and competition,” said Patil.
The common link between “Roadies” and “Splitsvilla” will be VJ Rannvijay, the host of “Roadies” show and its producer Raghu Ram. They will make guest appearance on the show.
Bollywood actors Ayesha Takia, Riteish Deshmukh and Aftab Shivdasani were present at the launch of the show held here Wednesday.
Commenting on the format, Aftab said: “It is a very rare occasion where the girls try to impress the boys. I really envy the boys.”
Riteish went on to explain how “it is the wish of every guy to get girls’ attention and this show would fulfil that desire.”
The show, being shot entirely in a villa in Goa, would have the contestants fighting it out in competitions that are based on a theme that would change every week.
The three lowest scorers of each round of competition will accompany the two boys on a date where the boys, through mutual consensus, will dump one girl.
“Goa is one of the most romantic places in India and the flavour of the place will add to the value of the show,” said Ayesha.
- 'Mod' will now release Oct 14 - Sep 28, 2011
- 'Mod' is my first love story: Nagesh Kukunoor - Aug 03, 2011
- Reality shows are going to die soon: Rannvijay - Sep 08, 2012
- I took break to plan my future: Ayesha - Aug 03, 2011
- Bani's Bollywood plans get delayed (With Image) - Jul 18, 2012
- Ayushmann wants to go with the audiences' choice - May 25, 2012
- 'The Fast and The Gorgeous' back with Ambika Anand - Aug 20, 2011
- Kukunoor's 'Mod' like a gentle sonnet (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***1/2) - Oct 14, 2011
- Sakshi Pradhan MMS Video Sets Internet Abuzz - Oct 03, 2010
- I'm unambitious, says actress Ayesha Takia - Sep 08, 2012
- I stay away from formulas: Nagesh Kukunoor (Interview) - Oct 01, 2011
- MTV 'Roadies 7' sans Raghu Ram? (With Images) - Aug 29, 2009
- 'Roadies 9' more expensive than previous shows: Rajiv - Mar 15, 2012
- Youth want sex, violence - not mush - on TV - Aug 29, 2010
- I would've loved to be a bartender in Spain: VJ Rannvijay - Jan 17, 2010
Tags: aftab shivdasromance heart, ashish patil, ayesha takia, boundaries, consensus, flavour, goa, guest appearance, heart breaks, launch, mtv, mumbai, rare occasion, reality show mtv, riteish deshmukh, roadies, romantic places, stunts, two boys