RDX used in Jaipur terror strikes, HUJI’s involvement suspectedMay 14th, 2008 - 4:07 pm ICT by admin
Jaipur, May 14 (ANI): A senior police official today said that high explosive RDX was used in the terror strike in Jaipur, and pointed finger towards banned Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami (HuJI) for its involvement in the blasts.
“It was a cent per cent a terrorist attack on the pattern of blasts in the court premises in Uttar Pradesh in November last year. RDX was used in containers tagged to cycles along with timer devices,” Additional Director General of Police (Crime) A K Jain said.
“We have collected sufficient evidence from the places of the blasts. They are being analysed by our technical experts,” Superintendent of Police, Jaipur, Raghvendra Suhasa said.
The bombs were made of iron ball bearings, and alarm clock circuits and were planted in new bicycles.
Seven teams of Rajasthan police and intelligence branch have begun the probe into the blasts.
Teams of central experts have also been sent to Jaipur to look into the details of the incidents in close co-ordination with the Rajasthan Government.
Special Secretary (Internal Security) M L Kumawat is in Jaipur to look at the situation and hold discussions with the State Government officers so that further necessary action can be taken in co-ordination with the State Government.
Meanwhile, the curfew is on in 15 to 16 police station areas.
A shutdown has been called across Rajasthan in protest against the blasts which took place at Manas Chowk, Johari Bazar, Tripolia Bazar, Badi Choupal, Choti Choupal, Kotwali areas of Jaipur’s Walled City.
A state of high alert has been declared in Delhi, Mumbai, Karnataka, Bihar, Hyderabad and Maharashtra, all areas that have experienced bomb explosions in the recent past. (ANI)
- Security stepped up after Jaipur serial blasts - May 14, 2008
- Curfew imposed in 15 police station areas of Jaipur - May 14, 2008
- Canadian Foreign Minister condemns serial bomb blasts in Jaipur - May 14, 2008
- 60 killed in Jaipur blasts, national alert sounded - May 14, 2008
- Delhi blast: Jammu and Kashmir Police verifying facts - Sep 10, 2011
- Kashmir police verify facts on those detained over blast - Sep 10, 2011
- Delhi blast: Email suspects being quizzed - Sep 11, 2011
- Promising but no conclusive leads in Delhi blast: Chidambaram - Sep 09, 2011
- Now, ID proof must to buy bicycles in Jaipur - Aug 03, 2012
- No breakthrough in Delhi terror attack a week later - Sep 13, 2011
- Serial blasts rock Jaipur, 60 killed; toll may rise - May 14, 2008
- Police suspect attacker may be among injured or dead (Lead) - Sep 07, 2011
- Nationwide stir affects life in Rajasthan - Jul 05, 2010
- Shutdown hits life in Rajasthan (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Blast outside New Delhi High Court kills 11 - Sep 07, 2011
Tags: alarm clock, ball bearings, bomb explosions, choti, chowk, clock circuits, court premises, government officers, harkat, huji, intelligence branch, internal security, iron ball, johari, manas, police crime, police official, rajasthan government, station areas, walled city