RDB’s Kuly died of brain tumourMay 24th, 2012 - 3:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 24 (IANS) Kuldeep Ral, a.k.a. Kuly of Punjabi bhangra and hip-hop band RDB, died of brain tumour. He was 35.
Kuly, who was the music producer of the band constituting Manj (Manjeet) and Surj (Surjeet), lost his battle with cancer Tuesday. He was diagnosed with a brain tumour in April last year and underwent radio and chemotherapy.
He was receiving treatment at a specialised clinic in Houston, US, at the time of his death.
His family has asked people to respect their privacy and has thanked fans and well-wishers for their continued support and condolences.
Kuly was an intrinsic part of RDB, known for giving super-hit tracks like “Aaja Mahi”, “Shera di Kaum” and “Singh is Kinng”.
Actor Akshay Kumar, who was lead actor of “Singh is Kinng”, has mourned the loss of Kuly.
“Just heard about Kuly from RDB’s sudden demise. Still reeling from the shock of the news. Such a talented guy, was behind some awesome chartbusters for many of my films. My heartfelt condolences to the RDB family. RIP Kuly,” Akshay wrote on his Facebook page.
Actress Sameera Reddy tweeted, “Shocked to hear RDB’s heart and soul Kuly has left us. My deepest condolences to Manj, Surj and family.”
- RDB pays tribute to Kuly with special song - Jun 30, 2012
- 'Speedy Singh', a treat for bhangra, hip hop lovers (IANS Music Review) - Sep 04, 2011
- Ludacris rhymes even in his talk: Akshay Kumar - Sep 22, 2011
- Sarabjit and Surjeet: Shock in one home, joy in another (Second Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- The wait ends: Surjeet Singh's family rejoices - Jun 27, 2012
- Balle balle! Punjabi music is flavour of Bollywood - Mar 09, 2011
- 'Singh is Kinng' hires British band, Pritam upset - May 10, 2008
- 'Thank You' is not 'No Entry Part 2': Bazmee - Mar 06, 2011
- Richa Sharma turns rapper for 'Thank You Obama' - Nov 04, 2010
- Cancer patients seek to reclaim life - Jan 02, 2012
- Uday Chopra's Saturday woes (Movie Snippets) - Oct 22, 2011
- Surjeet met by children, to meet wife later - Jun 28, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna, Bollywood's first superstar, no more (Roundup) - Jul 18, 2012
- Jubilation to despair for Sarabjit's family - Jun 27, 2012
- Krishna assures family of Sarabjit's release (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: akshay kumar, bhangra, brain tumour, chartbusters, chemotherapy, deepest condolences, heart and soul, heartfelt condolences, kuldeep, mahi, manj, manjeet, may 24, music producer, New Delhi, rdb, sameera reddy, sudden demise, talented guy, well wishers