Ravi Kishan in ‘Jhalak…’ because of daughter (Movie Snippets)June 8th, 2012 - 6:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 8 (IANS) Bhojpuri movie star Ravi Kishan, who is one of the participants on the fifth season of the dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’, says he is here because of his daughter.
“It’s a different world for me. I am here because of my daughter. One day I returned home from work and told my family that I have an offer from “Jhalal Dikhhla Jaa”. So she (daughter) said, ‘Papa don’t do it otherwise it will become a comedy show’. But Papa is a hero so I accepted my daughter’s challenge,” the 40-year-old said at the launch of the show here Thursday.
The fifth season of “Jhalak Dikhhla Ja” has actress Madhuri Dixit, choreographer Remo D’Souza and filmmaker Karan Johar in the judges’ seat.
Dibakar scared of praise
Director Dibakar Banerjee, who had held a special screening of his film “Shanghai” for IAS officers in Mussoorie, says he preferred honest opinions of a few over hearty compliments by others.
“Whenever someone said, ‘Wow, what a film you have made’, I got scared because it sounds very empty. But when someone asks, ‘Sir how did you got hold of the detailing on the tie or who told you about the gifts kept in a chief minister’s room’,” said the 42-year-old who showed the film to government officials on June 5.
“Someone also asked, ‘Did you visit the particular state?’ They felt that what we have shown is very similar to a particular state when we did not actually know about these things. One of them said he will not recommend the film to anyone, but some liked it.
“So, when you get honest reactions you feel the film is touching the hearts. But when someone says that, what a film, it shows that he has not understood the film at all,” Banerjee added.
“Shanghai”, a political-thriller, was premiered at the International Indian Film Academy awards (IIFA) Thursday and hit theatres in India Friday.
Hrithik is Darsheel’s favourite dancer
Darsheel Safary, who became popular after playing a dyslexic child in 2007 superhit film “Taare Zameen Par”, says Hrithik Roshan is his favourite dancer and he even tries to copy his dance steps.
“Hrithik Roshan in my favourite dancer. When I was very small, ‘Koi Mil Gaya’ had released and that time I used to do that step in ‘Kaccha Nahin’ but now I can’t do it. After that he has evolved so much and he does everything so amazingly. I get glued to the TV whenever I see Hrithik dancing,” the 16-year-old said here Thursday.
Darsheel is a participant in the fifth season of “Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa” and his partner is Avneet Kaur who participated in Zee TVs dance reality show “Dance India Dance Little Masters” last year.
- Dance about energy, passion: Karan Johar - Jun 08, 2012
- Darsheel out of 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 5' - Sep 01, 2012
- Tough to promote Indian dance: Remo D'Souza - Jun 24, 2012
- Darsheel woos Madhuri, Priyanka (TV Snippets) (With image) - Jun 11, 2012
- Madhuri wants Gene Kelly's tap dancing shoes (Movie Snippets) - Jun 25, 2012
- Hrithik completes a decade of married life (Movie Snippets) - Dec 20, 2010
- Talat Aziz out of 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaaa' - Jun 30, 2012
- Indian TV projects unhappy lives: Karan Johar (Interview) - Jun 13, 2012
- I pray, I don't get offers like 'Jhalak...': Sushil Kumar (With Images) - Jun 19, 2012
- Forced weight loss for Ravi Kishan - Jun 29, 2012
- Madhuri is like lady Michael Jackson: Remo D'Souza - Jan 31, 2011
- Madhuri, Remo to judge 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4' - Nov 26, 2010
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
- Remo D' Souza scares young Salman Khan - Jul 19, 2012
- After 'Jhalak...', Sushil Kumar says no to dance - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: actress madhuri, banerjee, chief minister, comedy show, different world, fifth season, film academy, honest reactions, hrithik, indian film, jaa, jhalak, judges seat, karan johar, launch, madhuri dixit, papa don, political thriller, ravi kishan, safary