Ravi Kishan gets grungy for ‘Jeena Hai To…’February 25th, 2012 - 4:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 25 (IANS) Actor Ravi Kishan had to go through an intense exercise regime to shed his pounds and also sported a stubble look for the garb of a grungy Bihar-based gangster for his new film “Jeena Hai To Thok Dal”.
The gangster movie, directed by Manish Vatsalya, shows horrid realities of the underworld crime as well as the changing times of Bihar state.
“The film is set in Purna in Bihar and is about youth mafia prevalent there. The youth is less educated and wants to earn big money through shortcuts. I play a gangster and it is a very intense character. It is a complete commercial masala film,” Ravi told IANS.
“Jeena Hai…” also features Sharat Saxena, Murali Sharma and Yashpal Sharma.
The actor admits he had to undertake strict exercise regime to get a lean look for the film, which has been a new experience for him.
“I went through strict exercise regime. I have lost four to five kg of weight and attained a sleek jawline.”
“It is a very earthy and realistic character. For the first time I have grown a stubble for any role. You would see me wearing normal cotton shirts with chappals. I have even grown my hair for the same. This character is completely different from what I have played before,” he added.
Ravi has done over 160 films in Bhojpuri and 50 in Bollywood.
He is happy with the way his Bollywood career is shaping up, and says he keeps trying to experiment with his roles to maintain the flow.
The 40-year-old rose to popularity beyond the Bhojpuri industry post his stint in the second season of reality TV show “Bigg Boss”.
“It is completely a self-made journey. God has been kind that I have been constantly getting offers and got the opportunity to work with some top-notch filmmakers like Shyam Benegal, Mani Ratnam, Priyadarshan and Sriram Raghvan,” he said.
Now, Ravi is eagerly looking forward to his bag full of films, slated to hit the silver screens this year.
The list includes ‘Tanu Weds Manu 2′, ‘Zila Ghaziabad’, ‘Ghayal Returns’, ‘Issaq’, ‘Mohalla Assi”, “Dangerous Ishq” and “Agent Vinod” among others.
“I will be seen in different avatars in all of them,” he said.
- British model to woo Ravi Kissen in red sari (With Image) - Mar 30, 2012
- Never left Delhi behind: Parvin Dabas (Movie Snippets) - Sep 09, 2012
- Jimmy on weight loss spree (Movie Snippets) - Aug 25, 2012
- Ravi not worried about clash with 'Barfi!' this Friday - Sep 11, 2012
- Prosenjit was reluctant to do 'Shanghai' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 12, 2012
- Ravi Kishan excited about first solo-hero Hindi film - Aug 13, 2012
- Ravi Kishan won't quit Bhojpuri films - Jun 12, 2012
- Sunny Deol didn't need my help: Ravi Kishan - May 14, 2012
- Bhansali's 'Ram Leela' goes on floor in September (Movie Snippets) - Aug 17, 2012
- Ravi Kishan signs Yash Raj's next - May 19, 2012
- KJo wants Ravi to dance on Bhojpuri songs (Movie Snippets) - Jun 30, 2012
- Naseeruddin Shah is an institution: Bhojpuri star Ravi Kishan - Dec 28, 2011
- Ravi Kishan wants 'Khaike paan' for Bhojpuri 'Don' (With Image) - Apr 13, 2010
- Bhojpuri actors don't welcome change, says Ravi Kishan - Dec 28, 2011
- Bhojpuri film fest begins in Patna - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: bhojpuri, chappals, cotton shirts, exercise regime, gangster, garb, intense exercise, jawline, kishan, masala, new experience, new film, priyadarshan, purna, reality tv show, sharat saxena, sriram, top notch, yashpal sharma, zila