Raveena Round twoJune 23rd, 2009 - 9:04 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Raveena will now be seen cackling on Chhote Miyan Chapter two. This is for the second time she is dealing with kids on the reality show. She gets candid with media and shares the thrill of being on the children’s Reality show.
What excited you about the show?
I am more excited about this show because I have been following the last season and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Kids are not complicated, they are innocent, brutally frank and they only speak the truth. In fact they do not have any hidden agenda to create controversy and gain TRPs, as we have been seeing in other shows.
You have judged reality shows with children as well as with grown-ups in the past, how different it is to deal with children?
While you are judging children you have to be a parent figure first. We make sure that we are only encouraging these kids and also see to it that our verdicts help them in getting better and better. We do take care that the child is not disheartened by whatever we say. As it will be the lasting impression for their life time we have to be very calm with them.
What kind of verdict will be coming from you?
I will say whatever will come right from my heart at that very moment. I never give prepared speeches.
Last two shows that you have judged were based on dancing and singing. What according to you is more difficult?
I believe making others laugh is tougher than dancing and singing. As an entertainer you have to make your audience forget their sorrows and laugh with you. It is challenging for seasoned artiste as well. If an artiste can do this successfully it is reward in itself. I would say I am honoured to be given a privilege to judge these talented kids.
Is it easy to make you laugh?
It is difficult to make me laugh because I laugh more on my own self than on others.
But Raveena here you are paid to laugh…
Best part of the reality show is that we get to wear the best clothes…best jewelry…great looks…and get paid to criticize someone else.
Would you like to try stand up comedy?
No because I have worked with the king of comedy Govinda and nobody on this earth can beat him.
How is the tuning with co-judges on the show?
Sachinji is veteran in this industry, he will be always above us and Rahul is like younger brother. I keep pulling his leg all the time. I’m sure it’s going to be fun.
How do you plan your comeback in films?
I have recently signed a film. I want to take my work slow and easy as my kids are still small. I am also choosy about my work because at this stage of my career I don’t need to be in news for the heck of it.
What is the secret of your well maintained physique?
I am very hands-on parents I like to bring up my children on my own. If you run behind two kids’ day in day out you tend to loose weight.
You said once that Kareena reminds you of your time; tell us precisely about the connection?
I have seen Kareena growing. She is very self-willed person; she does what she wants and does not bend to people’s expectations. She has electrifying screen presence. I think it is very good to be in the industry without loosing yourself.
-Deepa Mishra/Sampurn Media
- Raveena takes on hosting, feels nervous - Mar 05, 2012
- You have to do roles that suit your age: Raveena Tandon - Jan 29, 2011
- Chunky enjoys humour connect with young fans - Jul 26, 2012
- TV gives actresses life beyond films: Juhi Chawla (Interview) - Sep 11, 2011
- I enjoy doing TV shows: Sonali Bendre (Interview) - Aug 08, 2011
- 'Bigg Boss' house atmosphere very different: Pooja Bedi - Nov 27, 2011
- I want to marry Daniel Weber over and over again: Sunny Leone - Jan 03, 2012
- Indian TV projects unhappy lives: Karan Johar (Interview) - Jun 13, 2012
- Set your priorities right: Karisma - Apr 04, 2012
- Freida to ink $7 mn endorsement deal? - Oct 20, 2011
- I see part of myself in Kareena: Raveena Tandon - Jun 22, 2009
- Kids should get sugar-coated criticism: 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs' judges - May 25, 2011
- No singing reality show for Adele - Dec 20, 2011
- Running after kids keeps me fit: Raveena Tandon - Nov 20, 2010
- Try standup comedy, Shekhar Suman exhorts women - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: audience, best jewelry, clothes, controversy, heart, hidden agenda, lasting impression, laugh, life time, privilege, reality show, reality shows, second time, speeches, talented kids, trps, truth, ups