Rats! Even the BBC has the menaceJuly 1st, 2012 - 10:16 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 1 (IANS) If you have been making a song and dance about a mere mouse in your office canteen or around your seat, take it easy as even a high-end place like BBC office is not spared the mice menace.
The BBC is battling a plague of mice in its canteen, as horrified staff at the eaterie - famously the butt of jokes by stars who use it - have repeatedly spotted the vermin, The Sun reported Sunday.
Rodents scurry across the restaurant floor, leave droppings in kitchen preparation areas - and one was even found dead in the fan of a fridge.
Despite bosses hiring pest controllers who have been accused by the BBC of falling down on the job at its White City headquarters in west London, the invasion has continued.
- US judge rules inmate 'bitten on penis by rodent' may sue - Jan 14, 2011
- 'Freaky mouse' defeats common poison - Jul 25, 2011
- KFC now serves cockroaches, mice and flies! - Apr 09, 2010
- Three injured as fire extinguisher explodes in eatery - Dec 31, 2011
- Defiant Nepal Airlines rats on Air India, other peers - Sep 08, 2011
- Child labour at Goa's top medical facility? - Mar 30, 2012
- Rats have best bite of rodent world: Study - Apr 29, 2012
- China fights rats with stray cats - Aug 20, 2011
- Its ravioli and pasta for North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il - Mar 15, 2009
- Himachal to fine tourists urinating in the open - Apr 11, 2011
- Revealed: West End theatres infested with mice - Mar 04, 2010
- Dead rats from Jaipur's flooded areas set off alarm - Aug 31, 2012
- Scientists uncovering origins of singing mice - Aug 12, 2012
- Double date fun for Jennifer, Theroux - Apr 07, 2012
- Your keyboard may be home to disease-carrying vermin - May 14, 2010
Tags: bbc, butt, canteen, city headquarters, fridge, invasion, job, jokes, july 1, mice, pest controllers, plague, preparation areas, rats, restaurant floor, rodents, song and dance, sun, vermin, west london