Rashida Jones : “an actress, model, musician”March 19th, 2009 - 11:18 pm ICT by GD
Rashida Jones is a multi faceted personality having established herself as an actress, model and musician. Rashida is best known for the portrayal in the hit serials Boston Public, The Office and Unhitched.
Rashida Jones was born in LA, California and is the youngest daughter of media mogul Quincy Jones. She enrolled in Harvard University and wanted to pursue Law but changed her preference and got interested towards theatre. Rashida also studied philosophy and religion at Harvard and graduated in 1997. For a brief while during her teens Rashida Jones practiced Hinduism, which she came into contact with during her visit to India.
Rashida Jones made her acting debut in1997 and has essayed characters in a number of mini series since then. Her big break came when she joined the cast of The Office in September 2006 playing the role of Karen Filippelli. She appeared regularly in the third season and then returned for guest role sin Season four and five.
She is quite an accomplished singer and was a member and music director for Harvard’s oldest group – Harvard Opportunes. Jones has also appeared in music videos for The Boy Least Likely To song Be Gentle with Me and the Foo fighters single Long Road To Ruin.
Rashida Jones has endorsed several products and modeled for top line brands including Triple 5 Soul and The Gap.
In 2002, Peoples magazine had chosen Jones as one of the 50 most beautiful people. Jones has dated top Hollywood stars Tobey Maguire, Seth Meyers and is friends with Jessica Alba and Natalie Portman. Rashida has also been nominated for an NAACP Image award.
- Tobey Maguire's love scene with Natalie Portman 'bothers' his wife - Nov 28, 2009
- When Agyness Deyn was propositioned by a woman - Nov 25, 2009
- Portman felt real brotherly bond with Maguire, Gyllenhaal while filming 'Brothers' - Dec 07, 2009
- Natalie Portman was a late bloomer - Dec 03, 2009
- Carey Mulligan wins coveted role of Daisy Buchanan in 'The Great Gatsby' - Nov 17, 2010
- Carey Mulligan Nabs The Coveted Role Of Daisy Buchanan In "The Great Gatsby" Remake - Nov 17, 2010
- Gyllenhaal's dilemma - often gets mistaken for Maguire - Jan 10, 2010
- Amy Winehouse features in the Quincy Jones tribute album - Sep 12, 2010
- Portman gives birth to baby boy - Jun 15, 2011
- Amy Winehouse contributes track for Quincy Jones - Sep 12, 2010
- I smoked weed in college, says Natalie Portman - Apr 08, 2011
- Natalie Portman strips for Dior ad - Aug 23, 2012
- Lil Wayne sues Quincy Jones' son - Sep 08, 2012
- Winona Ryder Is Sorry For Abusing Natalie Portman - Nov 27, 2010
- Amy Winehouse Contributes Song In Quincy Jones Tribute Album - Sep 12, 2010
Tags: 50 most beautiful people, actress model, boston public, harvard opportunes, harvard university, hollywood stars, jessica alba, karen filippelli, line brands, media mogul, music director, naacp image award, natalie portman, peoples magazine, quincy jones, rashida jones, seth meyers, tobey maguire, triple 5 soul, youngest daughter