Rare Beatles pics published in new bookApril 4th, 2009 - 4:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 4 (ANI): Photographs showing British group ‘The Beatles’ at the height of their fame have been published in a new book.
The pictures, taken during the time they held the top five positions in the US singles chart in 1964, show the extent of the band’s popularity and the mania that enveloped them both in the US and the UK at the time.
Photographer Curt Gunther, who had been given access to the Fab Four both on stage and behind the scenes, had clicked the pictures.
He has now published some of the images in a book titled ‘Forty Five Years On: Remembering The Day The Beatles Conquered America’.
Included in the set of black and white photographs was a picture showing fans scrambling onto the stage in front of Paul McCartney and George Harrison. (ANI)
- Piano played by Beatles on sale - Jul 21, 2010
- Paul McCartney releases a book on his late wife Linda - Apr 18, 2011
- Beatles story to be narrated through fans' words in new book - Sep 24, 2010
- Beatles reuniting on stage, courtesy the magic of technology - Dec 02, 2010
- Beatles fan gets permanent tattoo of Macca's signature on back - Aug 18, 2010
- Linda was an inspiration to female photographers, says Sir Paul McCartney - Apr 19, 2011
- Thirty years on, he's still the real Nowhere Man (Tribute) (Dec 8 is John Lennon's death anniversary) - Dec 07, 2010
- Paul McCartney was inspiration by father - Jan 30, 2012
- Liam Gallagher to make a film on Beatles' drug years - May 08, 2010
- Joe Walsh and Paul McCartney get standing ovation at the Grammy Awards - Feb 14, 2012
- Beatles letter put up for sale - Nov 15, 2011
- Macca stages gig outside 'Beatles US debut building' as part of Letterman's show - Jul 16, 2009
- Macca doesn't drink water on stage - Aug 23, 2010
- McCartney launches vegetarian cookery book - Mar 27, 2012
- Macca croons 'When I'm Sixty-Four' to Bill Clinton on 64th birthday - Aug 23, 2010