Rapper killed in ColombiaApril 26th, 2012 - 12:55 pm ICT by IANS
Bogota, April 26 (IANS/EFE) Rapper Alejandro Serna Correa was fatally shot in an attack that targeted two people accompanying him, authorities in the northwestern Colombian city of Medellin said Wednesday.
The two people with the singer were wounded in Tuesday night’s shooting outside a metro station in Colombia’s second-largest city.
“It seems the attack was not against him (the rapper), but rather against two youths who were spending time with him,” prosecutor Rodrigo Ardila told EFE by telephone from Medellin, where at least eight hip hop artists have been slain since 2009.
Serna, 28, performed under the name “Alejandro Muletaz”.
La Familia Clicka Underground, representing hip hop artists in the poor neighbourhoods of Medellin, issued a statement deploring the death of Alejandro Muletaz.
One of the founders of La Familia Clicka Underground, 37-year-old Luis Albeiro Pacheco was gunned down last year in the northwestern city.
- Gunman kills five in Colombia - Jul 28, 2012
- Murder in Colombian church during Mass - Nov 19, 2010
- Giant cat statue arrives in Colombia - Mar 05, 2012
- Mexican drug boss held - Jun 22, 2011
- Whisker stolen from giant cat statue in Colombia - Apr 11, 2012
- Cuba to host hip hop symposium - Aug 01, 2011
- Colombian soldiers caught carrying cocaine - Jul 06, 2012
- Priest gunned down in Guatemala - Jan 28, 2012
- Animal rights activists protest bullfighting in Colombia - Feb 06, 2012
- 23 bodies dumped in Mexican state - Jun 21, 2011
- Suspect in slaying of Argentine singer nabbed - Mar 14, 2012
- Spanish singer a judge on Mexican TV competition - Aug 10, 2011
- Santos wants to sing with Alejandro Fernandez - Nov 25, 2011
- Colombian prosecutor gets 15 years for drug links - Mar 11, 2011
- Juanes concert brings attention to violence in Colombian city - Sep 23, 2010
Tags: authorities, bogota, colombia, colombian city, correa, efe, founders, hip hop artists, medellin, metro station, northwestern city, pacheco, poor neighbourhoods, prosecutor, rodrigo, spending time, tuesday night