Rani Mukerji loves Delhi winter (Couture Week Diary)July 21st, 2010 - 1:37 pm ICT by IANS
By Shilpa Raina
New Delhi, July 21 (IANS) Bengali beauty Rani Mukerji proudly calls herself a “Mumbai girl” and says the only thing she misses in the financial capital is Delhi’s beautiful winter.
The actress shot for her upcoming film “No One Killed Jessica” here during the winter.
“I am fond of Delhi winter, something I experienced only when I was here for the shooting of the movie last year in December. It was beautiful. I call myself a ‘Mumbai girl’ because it has given me everything, but Delhi in winter is just lovely,” Rani told IANS.
Dressed in a black jumpsuit, Rani was in the capital to cheer her designer friend Sabyasachi Mukherjee on the opening show of Pearls Infrastructure Projects Ltd (PIPL) Delhi Couture Week Tuesday.
Asked why she was not wearing a Sabyasachi sari, she said: “Sabya had sent me a wonderful outfit. Unfortunately, I left one of its pieces in Mumbai, so I had no other choice but to wear this jumpsuit.”
Vidya Balan - a stalker?
Bollywood actresses Vidya Balan and designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee’s friendship is no secret and the actress recently admitted that she stalks him all the time.
“Sabya is the only designer I stalk these days,” confessed the actress, who was sporting a crÃ¨me Sabyasachi sari with red blouse at the opening show of Pearls Infrastructure Projects Ltd (PIPL) Delhi Couture Week.
After facing a lot of flak from fashion brigades for her wardrobe, Vidya was bailed out by Sabyasachi who reinvented her looks and style. After that, the actress makes heads turn whereever she actress goes.
So, be it award functions, press conferences or a movie, Vidya, who is here to support him, sure knows who to stalk now.
- Sridevi turns muse for Sabyasachi Mukherjee at DCW - Aug 13, 2012
- Sabyasachi's collection an ode to India's textile heritage - Jul 21, 2010
- Can Vidya's kanjeevaram look revive hand-woven saris? - Feb 16, 2012
- Vidya, Sridevi cheer for Sabyasachi show at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Delhi Couture Week grand finale to feature Sabyasachi - Jul 29, 2012
- Guess What Is Vidya Balan's Secret Passion! - Nov 16, 2010
- Cold Vibes Between Vidya Balan And Rani Mukherjee! - Nov 08, 2010
- Couture extravaganza to engulf city for six days (Curtain Raiser) - Jul 19, 2010
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
- The uniqueness of being Vidya Balan - Mar 24, 2011
- The drape is reborn - sari gets sexy avatar (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Couture Week starts in New Delhi - Jul 21, 2010
- Sabyasachi draws curtains on LFW day 1 sans Rani, Vidya - Mar 12, 2011
- Sabyasachi Mukherjee showcases his bohemian collection at LIFW - Mar 06, 2010
- For creativity, say no to commerce: Sabyasachi Mukherjee (Interview) - Apr 09, 2011
Tags: bengali, black jumpsuit, bollywood actresses, brigades, couture, flak, infrastructure projects, mumbai girl, New Delhi, pearls, pipl, press conferences, raina, rani mukerji, red blouse, sari, shilpa, upcoming film, vidya balan, wardrobe