Randy Quaid arrested and then released on bailSeptember 27th, 2009 - 12:34 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Sep 26 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Randy Quaid and his wife did not pay a $10,000 California hotel bill and left. They were subsequently arrested for this felony. A warrant had been issued for Quaid and his wife for burglary, defrauding an innkeeper and conspiracy after a hotel in Santa Barbara, California, said earlier this month they had not settled their $10000 hotel bill.
Then to post bail, the actor was given a ride to the bank from the West Texas jail. Quaid and his wife, Evi, each posted $20,000 Thursday night after spending several hours in the jail in Marfa, Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominguez said.
Dominguez said he drove the actor to a bank to obtain the bail money. Quaid, 58, remained in his custody during the trip but was not handcuffed. The sheriff said the actor received no special treatment.
“I like to help everybody out,” Dominguez said. “It’s a small town.”
A police photograph of Quaid, 58, showed him white-bearded, smirking and carrying a suit jacket over his shoulder.
Quaid was awarded a Golden Globe and was also nominated for an Emmy for his portrayal of President Lyndon Johnson in “LBJ: The Early Years”; but he’s perhaps best known for his roles in the “National Lampoon’s Vacation” movies, “Independence Day” and “Kingpin.”
- Arrested Actor Randy Quaid Granted Bail - Sep 25, 2009
- Randy Quaid and wife Evi arrested - Dec 22, 2009
- Actor Randy Quaid Arrested On Burglary Charges - Sep 20, 2010
- Warrants issued for Randy Quaid & his wife - Apr 15, 2010
- Felony charges dropped against Randy Quaid - Apr 29, 2010
- Actor Randy Quaid and wife misses hearing in Santa Barbara court - Nov 17, 2010
- Court Drops Charges Against Randy Quaid - Apr 29, 2010
- Randy Quaid Faces Warrant Again - Apr 15, 2010
- Arrest Warrant Issued For Randy & Evi Quaid - Apr 15, 2010
- Randy Quaid And Wife Plead Not Guilty In Hotel Dispute - Dec 27, 2009
- Quaids released from detention in Vancouver - Oct 28, 2010
- Randy Quaid And Wife Arrested After Making Court Appearance - Apr 27, 2010
- Randy Quaid to debut "Star Whackers" song on stage - Mar 18, 2011
- Lidsay Lohan violates probation, sentenced to 30 days in jail - Sep 25, 2010
- Clifford Joseph Harris Jr. aka 'Rapper T.I.' and wife arrested on drug charges - Sep 03, 2010
Tags: burglary, california hotel, county sheriff, emmy, golden globe, hotel bill, innkeeper, kingpin, lbj, lyndon johnson, marfa, national lampoon, police photograph, portrayal, president lyndon johnson, presidio county, randy quaid, santa barbara california, suit jacket, texas jail