Randi Zuckerberg Speaks Of Online Film Popularity At Golden Globe 2011 Red CarpetJanuary 17th, 2011 - 9:03 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Jan 17, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Randi Zuckerberg last night indeed was on a high note. Her excitement had surely taken a leap after “The Social Network” went on to become one of the favorites bagging four awards. The sister of the Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg appeared to be all excited as she made her way across the red carpet. The paparazzi soon approached her expressing their wish to know her reactions.
From what came out it was evident that the marketing director of Facebook could not hold on to her emotions after coming to know that “The Social Network” had earned so many nominations for the 68th Golden Globe Awards which was held on Sunday night at the Hilton Beverly Hotel, Beverly Hills. “The Social Network” which was one of the biggest hits of 2010 had it story line based on the evolution of the popular social networking site Facebook. Hence, all the excitement on the part of the Facebook marketing head was obvious. She had kept her fingers crossed and luckily her excitement gradually went on to receive a boost as the name of “The Social Network” was being announced for one after the other awards for the award ceremony.
Before the award ceremony commenced Randi Zuckerberg was seen giving out interviews regarding the online popularity of films. Her discussion included on how films which get tagged as the favorite on the web actually get to receive the award at various award functions. Although Mark Zuckerberg earlier had objected to his portrayal in the film but after Aaron Sorkin acknowledged his regards for the Facebook CEO, sister Randi Zuckerberg could not have possibly been left with any room for complaints.
- Aaron Sorkin Awarded For Best Screenplay At the 68th Golden Globe Awards - Jan 17, 2011
- 'The Social Network' bags National Critics Award - Jan 10, 2011
- Mark Zuckerberg Appears On SNL - Jan 30, 2011
- Facebook film 'The Social Network' gets lion's share of honours - Dec 04, 2010
- Facebook founder obtains restraining order against Indian-origin 'stalker' - Feb 08, 2011
- Facebook Film 'The Social Network' Hogs Limelight Once Again - Jan 09, 2011
- 'The Social Network' storms national board of review - Dec 04, 2010
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg braces for 'The Social Network' - Oct 03, 2010
- Zuckerberg obtains restraining order against stalker - Feb 09, 2011
- Mark Zuckerberg sued by Facebook investors - Jun 05, 2012
- Facebook CEO commits to lock his stock for 12 months - Sep 05, 2012
- Sean Parker Talks 'The Social Network' And Justin Timberlake's Character - Oct 03, 2010
- Cameron Winklevoss Talks About 'The Social Network' - Oct 03, 2010
- Aaron Sorkin wins best screenplay golden globes for 'The Social Network' - Jan 17, 2011
- Facebook acquires Instagram for $1 billion - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: aaron sorkin, award ceremony, beverly hotel, ceo mark, dey, emotions, excitement, facebook, fingers, golden globe awards, high note, hotel beverly hills, leap, madhuri, mark zuckerberg, paparazzi, portrayal, red carpet, sister randi, social networking site