Randeep to take tips from Sehwag for ‘Heroine’ role?November 25th, 2011 - 2:59 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 25 (IANS) For his role of the cricketer in Madhur Bhandarkar’s “Heroine”, Randeep Hooda has decided to take guidance and tips from cricketer Virender Sehwag to make his character convincing.
“That’s right!” admits Randeep. “I’ve asked Virender to give me one of his bats which I’d be using in ‘Heroine’. He has kindly agreed to do.”
“I’ve to tell you. I’m very excited about this role because like every Indian boy, I played cricket in school and college. Then when Sehwag became national champ, Haryana’s chest swelled with pride. Now by playing a cricketer, I feel I am fulfilling a dream that Sehwag has already fulfilled for us.”
On Thursday, Randeep and his acting mentor Naseeruddin Shah trooped down to the Wankhede Stadium to watch Sehwag play in the India-West Indies Test match.
After the match, Randeep spent invaluable time studying his cricketing idol.
“It was an awesome moment, my acting mentor Naseer besides me and my cricket idol on the field…I’ve always felt a deep affinity to Virender Sehwag. We’re both Jats from Haryana. And we’re both self-made, I in my own humble way, he, of course, on a much larger scale. Just watching him on the field is so inspiring.”
“Virender is not just a great batsman, he’s an entertainer on the field. I firmly believe whether you’re an actor or cricketer, you’ve to entertain people in your field. I think Virender does that very well,” he said.
Randeep not only admits Sehwag would be the role model for his performance, he would also be using Virender’s bat!!
- Yuvraj is a fighter: Irfan Pathan - Apr 12, 2012
- Pattinson taps England bowling coach to tackle India - Dec 23, 2011
- Boucher likely to retire after England tour - May 11, 2012
- Sehwag elated at going past Tendulkar (Lead) - Dec 09, 2011
- Hope England nightmare won't be repeated: Dravid - Jan 11, 2012
- Naseer-Roopa in Usha Uthup's music video - Mar 27, 2012
- Foreign players also benefit from IPL: Sekar - Mar 25, 2012
- Have fulfilled expectations with 200: Sehwag - Dec 08, 2011
- Many big heroes refused to work with me: Mumtaz (Interview Part 2) - Jul 31, 2012
- 'Philanthropic' Steve Waugh wants to be a 'mentor', not coach of Australian team - Jan 08, 2011
- Nice to go into wedding after a good performance: Aswhin - Nov 09, 2011
- Cowan thanks mentor Roebuck for kick-starting his career - Dec 21, 2011
- Naseer looking forward to 'Dedh Ishqiya' with Madhuri - May 26, 2012
- Fielding an area of concern: Dhoni - Feb 20, 2011
- More rest for troubled Indian team - Jan 17, 2012
Tags: affinity, bats, batsman, cricket, cricketer, haryana, heroine, india west indies test match, invaluable time, jats, madhur bhandarkar, mentor, naseer, naseeruddin shah, national champ, randeep hooda, role model, virender sehwag, wankhede stadium, west indies