Ranchi hairdressers get free tickets of BilluFebruary 18th, 2009 - 9:42 pm ICT by ANI
Ranchi, Feb 18 (ANI) Ranchi hairdressers are in for some royal treatment as they will get to see ”Billu”, the latest Shah Rukh Khan-starrer, free of cost on Thursday.
The Sujata Cinema Hall, a miniplex has offered a free show of ”Billu”, which revolves around the life of a barber.
“We have got in touch with the Barbers Association of the region and other reputed hair saloons. All of them shall be able to watch the movie free of cost,” said Chandra Mohan Jha, manager of the cinema hall.
Although barbers say they are excited about watching the movie, it is the glitter around the character of Shahrukh Khan, who plays the role of a Bollywood star in the film, that is attracting them more than that of Irfan Khan who is the barber.
“The movie revolves around the life of a man who lived his entire life as a barber and didn”t go beyond that. We want to look beyond the scissors and want to progress, said Phenku Thakur, a barber.
”Billu” is the story of a village hairdresser who is a childhood friend of a Bollywood actor played by Shah Rukh Khan.
The film ran into controversy when hairdressers objected to the use of word ”barber” in the title, which they said is derogatory forcing the filmmakers to drop the word from the title. (ANI)
- Now a free 'Billu' show for Ranchi hairdressers - Feb 17, 2009
- Bollywood formula: Controversy plus buzz equals publicity (Feature) - Aug 20, 2011
- World looking at us through 'Bollywood window': Writer Mushtaq Sheikh - May 29, 2012
- ''Billu Barber'' will have no ''barber'' in title - Feb 09, 2009
- Shahrukh Khan to market his latest flick ''Billu'' in his own style - Feb 12, 2009
- Pakistan's Bollywood affair marred by piracy - Nov 22, 2010
- The many 'Shah Rukhis' of Vienna head for Berlin - Jan 20, 2012
- 'Billu' - an ordinary man's extraordinary tale (Preview) - Feb 11, 2009
- 'MNIK' releases in 13 Mumbai halls to huge response - Feb 12, 2010
- Shah Rukh to invite barbers, hairstylists for 'Billu' premiere - Feb 11, 2009
- SRK begins his first ever shooting schedule in Kashmir Valley - Aug 27, 2012
- It disturbs me to see filmmakers chasing crossover cinema: SRK - Mar 18, 2011
- Shock and abuse: Bollywood's new style - Feb 15, 2011
- 'MNIK' released in Orissa amidst stray protests (Lead) - Feb 12, 2010
- Shah Rukh film shoot rekindles Kashmir magic - Aug 28, 2012
Tags: barbers, bollywood actor, bollywood star, chandra mohan, childhood friend, cinema hall, controversy, filmmakers, glitter, hair saloons, hairdresser, irfan khan, jha, miniplex, scissors, shah rukh khan, shahrukh khan, sujata