Ranbir would have been a better choice for ‘Karzzz’: HimeshOctober 6th, 2008 - 8:53 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 6 (IANS) Composer-singer-actor Himesh Reshammiya, who plays the lead role in the remake of the 1980s superhit “Karz”, admits Ranbir Kapoor would have been a better choice for the role and would have ensured the film’s box office success. Himesh plays the lead character of Monty,originally played by Ranbir’s father Rishi Kapoor in Subhash Ghai’s musical thriller “Karz”.
“Ranbir would have been a better choice as he would have brought success instantly. The film would have been a superhit before its release, but since I’m into the movie, we will have to wait for its release to see how it fares,” Himesh told IANS.
Himesh was all praise for Ranbir’s acting capabilities in his recently released “Bachna Ae Haseeno” and said his legacy of acting was unchallengeable.
“I have seen ‘Bachna Ae Haseeno’ and I found his acting impressive. Acting is in his blood because of his great legacy.”
On the comparisons being drawn between the original and the remake, he said: “There can be no comparison between the original film and ours. The original was a classic and no one can go near it. We have tried to do our best by adding a new twist to the story.
“I think the audience should see the film keeping in mind that they are watching a non-professional actor and dancer. They shouldn’t compare it with the original.”
After “Aap Kaa Surroor”, “Karzzz” is his second film.
“I consider ‘Karzzz’ as my first film because in my debut film “Aap Kaa Surroor” I played myself. All other actors have performed well, but I can’t comment on my performance. The audience will decide and give their verdict,” he said.
Himesh said the success of “Karzzz” was important to his career because its box office performance would affect his other forthcoming films. While “Karzzz” is releasing Oct 17, “Kajra Re” is set for a 2009 release.
Besides these, his other releases are “Mudh Mudh Na Dekh”, “Ek Love Issshtory” and “Hey Gujju”.
“These five films will be releasing over a period of time, so the success of ‘Karzzz’ becomes really important for me, otherwise the pressure would again be on ‘Kajra Re’, my next release.
About the music of “Karzzz”, Himesh said he had retained the original songs with a lounge flavour, besides two songs of his own.
“I have sung the ‘Ek haseena thi’ without my nasal tone because it was Kishore Kumar’s song,” he said.
The song was originally created by composer duo Laxmikant-Pyarelal and Himesh said that Pyarelal had heard his version and liked it.
Himesh said that he has sung, acted and composed in the film, but it was the acting part that he found most interesting.
“Music and singing is my profession, but I am acting to achieve something. So acting is what I enjoyed the most now.”
- I'm looking forward to my English film: Himesh Reshammiya - Oct 02, 2011
- Ranbir, Rishi shake a leg at IIFA - Jun 10, 2012
- I will prove myself as an actor now: Himesh Reshammiya (Interview) - Oct 08, 2009
- 'Radio' a Himesh Reshammiya act all the way (IANS film preview) - Nov 30, 2009
- Himesh Celebrates Mom's Birthday; Gung Ho About 'Kajraare' - Jun 30, 2010
- Himesh Reshammiya to skip 'Karzzz' premiere in Abu Dhabi - Oct 15, 2008
- 'Ranbir Kapoor can be the next Amitabh Bachchan' - Sep 03, 2010
- Around six countries in 70 days - for Bollywood spy thriller - Feb 25, 2011
- Salman Khan is my driving force: Himesh Reshammiya - Dec 21, 2011
- Ranbir Kapoor receives Teacher's Achievement Award - Nov 21, 2010
- I want to be the biggest star: Ranbir Kapoor (Interview) - Oct 29, 2011
- Money was never a driving factor: Ranbir Kapoor - Nov 19, 2010
- Ranbir Kapoor finally throws his first party - Jul 07, 2010
- Ranbir, Deepika share amicable equation: Ayan Mukherjee - Sep 23, 2011
- Fans might find my 'Patiala House' look funny: Hard Kaur - Jan 30, 2011