Ranbir Kapoor now brand ambassador for Panasonic tooApril 4th, 2009 - 5:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 4 (IANS) He is the young star face selling Pepsi and now Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor has become the brand ambassador for consumer goods giant Panasonic India as well, his second endorsement deal so far.
The 26-year-old actor, who made his debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Saawariya” in 2007, was Saturday officially tasked to promote Panasonic’s VIErA LCDs and Plasmas as well as television and home theatre brands across India at an event held at the Ashok Hotel here.
“Like every movie I choose to be a part of, I have chosen to endorse this brand after careful thought. I can only hold up those products that I am fully convinced about. I feel truly honoured to be its brand ambassador,” said Ranbir, who looked charming in a formal black suit.
“I have childhood memories of this brand since my father (actor Rishi Kapoor) had bought his first speakers from this company and he used to be very possessive about them. Even now, the telephones and televisions that I have at home are of the same brand,” he added.
Asked whether he would go out of his way to promote the products of the brand through his movies, Ranbir quipped: “Yes! If a film has a certain scene where a TV set is required, I will definitely ask the filmmaker to use Panasonic.”
According to Manish Sharma, head of marketing at Panasonic India Pvt Ltd (consumer electronics and home appliances), the company zeroed in on Ranbir because “he matched the brand personality”.
“We conducted a research and wanted that our brand ambassador should meet five dimensions - he should be an established personality, should be able to create excitement, should have a competent personality, should be a premium brand himself and should be seasoned. For us, Ranbir’s cool and trendy image was a perfect match,” Sharma told reporters.
As the brand ambassador, Ranbir would be involved in “communicating the brand values of the company through multi-media campaigns”, the company official said.
A special commercial featuring the “Bachna Ae Haseeno” star will be aired on television starting this month.
- Ranbir Kapoor -The New Brand Ambassador For Nissan - Jun 23, 2010
- Money was never a driving factor: Ranbir Kapoor - Nov 19, 2010
- I never liked Ranbir's films, says father Rishi Kapoor - Nov 19, 2010
- Ranbir Kapoor receives Teacher's Achievement Award - Nov 21, 2010
- Ranbir, Rishi shake a leg at IIFA - Jun 10, 2012
- I want to be the biggest star: Ranbir Kapoor (Interview) - Oct 29, 2011
- I have miles to go: Ranbir Kapoor (Interview) - Sep 20, 2010
- Ranbir reads Kobain biography to prepare for 'Rockstar' role - Mar 18, 2011
- Ranbir in disguise? - Mar 31, 2012
- I've had enough, says Ranbir on link-up rumours - Mar 27, 2011
- Ranbir Kapoor is Nissan India's brand ambassador (Lead) - Jun 09, 2010
- Chocolate boy to desi Corleone, Kapoor scion grows up - Jun 10, 2010
- Ranbir gives dance lessons to Sehwag - Feb 17, 2011
- Freida to ink $7 mn endorsement deal? - Oct 20, 2011
- Kissing scene is like shooting action sequence: Ranbir - Sep 25, 2011
Tags: ashok hotel, black suit, brand personality, brand values, childhood memories, endorsement deal, home appliances, home theatre, india pvt ltd, lcds, media campaigns, perfect match, plasmas, premium brand, rishi kapoor, saawariya, sanjay leela bhansali, star face, theatre brands, viera