Ranbir gives Bengali a shot (Movie Snippets)September 6th, 2012 - 5:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) Punjabi boy Ranbir Kapoor got lucky when he didn’t have to learn Bengali for his role in “Barfi!”. But he gave the language a shot on the sets of reality TV show “Dance Ke Superkids”.
The dance-based show has veteran actor Mithun Chakraborty as the grandmaster.
Talking to him, Ranbir said: “Dada, this is the first time I will be playing a Bengali character on screen. Since my character could not hear or speak; I didn’t have to learn the language. But I am a big fan of your style of dance and would like to say that in Bangla.”
That’s when contestant Jeet Das was summoned on stage and he taught Ranbir a few lines in chaste Bengali. Apart from teaching the actor Bengali, Jeet also taught him some of Mithun’s signature dance steps.
Ranbir regaled the kids with his infectious charm, magnetic smile and stimulating energy.
His film “Barfi!” releases Sep 13.
De-glam roles? No problems, says Alia
Alia Bhatt is playing a glamorous role in her debut film “Student Of The Year”, but she says she has no qualms going de-glam for a film, if a role ever demands it.
“If I feel like I would be able to pull a role like that off, then I will take it up,” she said.
Alia says she couldn’t believe herself when she got signed for the Karan Johar directorial venture, and admits it is the best debut she could have ever asked for.
“I couldn’t believe it. The procedure of getting this role and getting selected for the film was amazing. I knew Karan would be directing and when I found out that I got it, I was thrilled and this is like my dream debut. I could not have asked for more,” she added.
Always indebted to Aditya Chopra: Ranveer Singh
Actor Ranveer Singh says had it not been for Aditya Chopra’s conviction in him, he wouldn’t have been able to reach such heights of popularity.
“Adi (Aditya Chopra) sir is my mentor and at the time he selected me to do ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’, he had the fortitude to take an unknown face and a guy from nowhere, who was not the best looking guy in the world and give him a lead role in such a fantastic film,” Ranveer told IANS.
“Every one’s opinion about me was not positive when he decided to cast me. He had a sole conviction in me. I will always be indebted to him for that. He taught me values and principles of how to go about with your work,” he added.
After “Band Baaja Baaraat”, Ranveer also did Yash Raj Films’ (YRF) “Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl”. Now he is looking forward to Vikramaditya Motwane’s “Lootera” and is working on Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Ram Leela”.
- 'Ladies vs Ricky Bahl' script demanded Anushka, Ranveer: Director - Apr 06, 2011
- Band Baaja Baaraat -TRIVIA 5: Born To Be Famous - Ranveer Singh - Dec 06, 2010
- Anushka and I are very good friends: Ranveer Singh - Dec 22, 2010
- Sonakshi, Ranveer dying to work together - Mar 25, 2011
- 'Gunday' yet another film to be shot in Kolkata (With Images) - Aug 30, 2012
- Never a problem with Aditya Chopra: Habib Faisal - May 05, 2012
- Ranveer Singh: BBB Came To Me When I Was Going Through Bad Times" - Nov 01, 2010
- 'Band Baaja Baaraat' not funded by debutant's father: YRF - Nov 01, 2010
- Get me toughest roles: Priyanka - Sep 05, 2012
- Surname doesn't matter, good work does: Arjun Kapoor - Jun 02, 2012
- Charming, pure, 'Barfi!' a modern masterpiece (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ****) - Sep 14, 2012
- My enthusiasm was misrepresented: Ranveer Singh - Sep 09, 2012
- Ranveer admits being conman in real life too - Dec 02, 2011
- Priyanka happy for cousin's debut with Yash Raj Films - Feb 15, 2011
- I was too good a kisser to go wrong: Ranveer - Oct 29, 2010
Tags: adi, aditya chopra, bangla, barfi, bengali, dance steps, debut film, directorial venture, dream debut, film student, fortitude, glam, glamorous role, karan johar, mithun chakraborty, qualms, reality tv show, show dance, snippets, veteran actor