Rana, Ileana romance in Venice (With Images)April 14th, 2011 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 14 (IANS) Rana Daggubati and Ileana are cosying up in Venice, but for a film and both the actors instantly fell in love with the city of canals.
“I fell in love with the floating city the moment I landed here,” Rana, who is shooting for the Telugu movie “Nenu Naa Rakshasi” there, said in a statement.
“Once you are caught in the island of endless streets, footbridges that can leave you confused, you would have no other choice but to walk, which is actually a good thing! There’s no better way to explore Venice than getting lost and be surprised in what it has to offer at every turn,” he added.
Ileana said: “I’m sure the fun facts in Venice are more than enough to make you want to go to the Queen of Adriatic, Venice.”
Directed by Puri Jagannath, “Nenu Naa Rashasi” is a love story between a professional killer and a Rakshasi (female demon) and shows that suicide is not a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Both the actors shot amidst wood pilings on the submerged islands in the Northern end of the Adriatic Sea, 400-foot bridges and 170 boat canals that connect the city to make it easily accessible to people.
“The traditional and symbolic boats used in the film are a perfect setting to narrate the story of Nenu Naa Rakshashi. Evolving and perfected through time, Gondolas as they are known are designed to be easily operated by a highly-skilled oarsmen,” said Puri.
- Puri's 'Nenu Naa Raakshasi' fails to live up to fans' expections (Telugu Movie Review) - May 01, 2011
- Selvaraghavan Signs Rana-Richa For The Next Project - Dec 22, 2010
- Venice wants gondolas to be given World Heritage status - Oct 13, 2010
- Venice rejects fibreglass gondolas - Apr 11, 2010
- Venice's gondoliers criticised for singing "culturally deficient" songs - Oct 05, 2010
- Puri Jagannadh's 'Devudu Chesina Manushulu' disappoints (Telugu Movie Review) - Aug 17, 2012
- Genelia stands out in 'Naa Ishtam' (Telugu Movie Review) - Mar 25, 2012
- Ileana turns taxi driver in new film (With Image) - Jun 30, 2012
- Rana Daggubati's language trouble in 'Dum Maro Dum' - Mar 06, 2011
- Aerial photography reveals "Ancestor" city of Venice - Jul 31, 2009
- Mumbai rains bring both pleasure, pain for celebrities - Jul 08, 2011
- Thousands gather to watch Kerala's Nehru Boat Race - Aug 13, 2011
- Nehru Boat Race to herald Kerala's new tourist season - Aug 04, 2012
- Richa Chaddha to shoot for 'Ram Leela'? (Movie Snippets) - Sep 04, 2012
- I missed an opportunity to work with Salman: Ileana - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: actors, adriatic sea, april 14, city of canals, endless streets, female demon, foot bridges, footbridges, fun facts, gondolas, jagannath, love story, New Delhi, oarsmen, permanent solution, professional killer, queen of adriatic, sea 400, venice, wood pilings