Ramayana –The Epic Opens To Rave ReviewsOctober 18th, 2010 - 8:01 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
October 18, 2010 (Showbiz PR Wire): The coming of age Indian animation film Ramayana-The Epic opens to rave reviews the country over.
A Maya Digital Media production, Ramayana - The Epic is one of the most ambitious and expensive full length 3 D animation feature films made in India with Manoj Bajpayee, Juhi Chawla, and Ashutosh Rana lending their voices to the lead characters of Ram, Sita and Ravan respectively.
Motivated my the principle of “art inspires technology and technology inspires art “ producer Ketan Mehta, recipient of many National and International awards attempted to present Indian audiences with a spectacular audio visual experience far beyond any thing ever attempted in India with skills and designs matching international standards of Computer animation and Digital Visual effects and by the looks of it he managed to achieve just that.
Says a very impressed trade analyst “Ramayana is the BEST animation movie ever to come out of Bollywood. A rare film that you wish was longer, it excels in balancing visuals with drama. You will love Raavan the most here and also feel that this is much more an engaging affair than Ratnam’s Raavan”
Thrilled with the response the film is receiving says director Chetan Desai “Ramayana-The Epic is the end result of nearly 5 years of hard work. The concept consumed me for nearly 3 years after which we worked on our computer screens day and night for over two years to come up with the final result. The film is like my first baby and will always have a special place in my career and life”.
Says acclaimed critic/analyst Taran Adarsh “RAMAYANA works for two reasons. One, the story keeps you hooked and two, the quality of animation is super. It’s difficult to encompass this great epic in a two-hour film ,but the makers convey all they ought to convey most effectively. RAMAYANA is a must-watch. It’s the kind of cinema that should appeal to youngsters as well as adults, the kids and the kids-at-heart.”
–Showbiz PR Wire
- 'Ramayana - The Epic' Indian animation comes of age - Sep 06, 2010
- Ramayana - The Epic Indian animation comes of age - Aug 25, 2010
- Catmoss Launches Ramayana Merchandise - Oct 12, 2010
- Maya ties up with Warner Bros on Ramayana - the Epic - Sep 14, 2010
- Allah Ke Banday Was Shot In 47 Different Locations In Mumbai - Nov 02, 2010
- Ali Zafar Saves Katrina Kaif From A Hair Scare - Oct 25, 2010
- Anjana Sukhani: 'I Want To Be Glamorous' - Nov 08, 2010
- Tusshar Kapoor Wants To Get Out Of His Comfort Zone - Nov 06, 2010
- Vidya Balan Impresses Director Santosh Sivam - Oct 14, 2010
- Tusshar Kapoor Gets Mobbed In Ooty - Oct 20, 2010
- Homi Adjania Casts Imran Khan And Deepika Padukone In His Next - Oct 23, 2010
- After Love, Sex Aur Dhokha, It's Raginni MMS ! - Dec 07, 2010
- Tusshar Kapoor Has Been Working Around The Clock - Nov 01, 2010
- Katrina Kaif Gets Generous This Diwali - Nov 29, 2010
- Jackky Gifts His Sister A Trip To Italy And London - Nov 02, 2010
Tags: animation feature, animation film, ashutosh rana, audio visual experience, best animation, chetan desai, computer animation, computer screens, digital visual effects, feature films, final result, indian audiences, international awards, juhi chawla, manoj, mehta, pr wire, principle of art, rare film, sita