Rakeysh’s romantic planMarch 25th, 2009 - 7:42 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
No the talented director isn’t getting romantic in real life.
He made an overtly youth oriented film on patriotism, “Rang De Basanti’ and then yet another social drama aimed at the younger generation.
After all that, filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra is all set to try his hand at romance.
He has said, “I think I am ready for romance now. I wasn’t ready for romance earlier as I hadn’t matured enough. Now I think I do understand humans and their inner and darker side. I am planning to make an intense romantic film, as I am not a Mills and Boons kind of a guy who believes in the idea of happily ever after. I believe the greatest romantic stories ever told have had tragedy at the helm of it.”
It will be really interesting to see how this serious director dabbles with romance and shows off his softer side. Very interesting, indeed. -Sampurn Media
- Mehra to start shooting 'Bhag Milkha Bhag' soon - Jul 17, 2011
- Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra mourns loss of mother - Sep 10, 2012
- Bollywood trains arc lights on Delhi - Aug 21, 2011
- Working with ammi was bit scary: Soha Ali Khan - Mar 25, 2011
- I am an untouchable for big banners: Om Puri (Interview) - Mar 18, 2011
- I worship movies, so I do one film a year: Madhavan - Feb 20, 2012
- Mehra wants new face to play Milkha Singh - Jan 05, 2011
- Censors out of sync with today's youth: Sonam Kapoor - Dec 22, 2011
- I'm stylish, not sexy: Sonam Kapoor - Aug 09, 2012
- I've no luxury to watch films, admits Pranab - Oct 18, 2011
- 'Tere Bin Laden' director turns comic book writer - Feb 13, 2012
- Rakeysh Mehra teams up with Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy for '...Milkha' - Feb 07, 2012
- Bollywood documentary takes Cannes by storm - May 21, 2011
- Songs are becoming like jingles: Prasoon Joshi (Interview) - Jul 12, 2012
- Film villains mirror socio-political scene: Rakeysh Mehra - Sep 26, 2011