Rakeysh Mehra shares special friendship with Rahman (Film Snippets)April 21st, 2009 - 10:21 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 21 (IANS) Filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra says he has found a special friend in Oscar-winning music maestro A.R. Rahman, who has created music for two of his movies.
“Rahman and I kind of discovered each other during ‘Rang De Basanti’ (RDB). With him, it’s not project-to-project … Ours is a collaborative effort and it’s a great team,” Mehra told IANS.
The two not only meet and talk but also keep in touch via the Internet.
“We keep meeting, talking, discussing ideas over the Internet and Skype (Internet telephony) about the movies I want to make and about the music he’s churning, etc,” the director added.
Padmini Kolhapure takes singing lessons
Actress Padmini Kolhapure is 43, but she feels age is no bar to learn something new. She is now taking singing lessons from her father.
“I’m learning singing from my father off and on. As I hail from a family of professional singers and my father himself being a professional and recognised singer, I think it is necessary even I get really trained in singing no matter what the age,” Padmini told IANS.
The actress is also making a comeback in Bollywood with a film called “Mera Bachpan”.
Randeep Hooda to go back to theatre
After failed efforts for commercial success in Bollywood, actor Randeep Hooda is planning to go back to his passion - theatre.
“I am going to go back to theatre and (will) start doing plays again. It’s so purifying for oneself and one’s art as an actor,” Randeep told IANS.
“In fact I thought I was stuck with ‘Monsoon Wedding’ (2001); so I did theatre with Motley Theatre Company headed by Naseeruddin Shah for four years till ‘D’ (2005) happened. That is where I learnt all my acting skills and I am sure to go back to it,” he added.
Hooda has lately been in the news for his role as 19th century painter Raja Ravi Varma in upcoming biopic “Rang Rasiya”, a bilingual directed by Ketan Mehta.
- No more steamy scenes, mom tells Randeep - Aug 24, 2011
- Rakeysh Mehra teams up with Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy for '...Milkha' - Feb 07, 2012
- That's not my boy, Shilpa defends online picture (Movie Snippets) (With Image) - Jul 12, 2012
- Like economy, Indian cinema should also be liberated: Ketan Mehta - Nov 16, 2011
- Playing Asha Bhonsle's daughter is a privilege: Padmini - Mar 27, 2011
- 'Rang Rasiya' a crowd puller, Nandana overwhelmed at response - Nov 16, 2011
- 'Rang Rasiya' is reaction against attack on creative freedom: Ketan Mehta - Nov 17, 2011
- Bipasha's dubbing woes! (Movie Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
- Asha Bhosle's granddaughter sings in 'Maaee' (Movie snippets) - May 15, 2011
- People will come for erotica, not Sunny: Pooja Bhatt (Movie Snippets) - Jul 26, 2012
- Boldness is a complicated issue: Nandana Sen - May 22, 2012
- 'Jism 2' not as crazy as you think, says Sunny - Aug 01, 2012
- 'Big Boss'? Not again, says Sunny Leone - Jul 30, 2012
- Farhan to grow beard for 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' (Movie Snippets) - Dec 10, 2011
- For Harshdeep, lyrics are backbone of a song (With Image) - May 15, 2012
Tags: acting skills, actress padmini, biopic, commercial success, internet telephony, ketan mehta, monsoon wedding, music maestro, naseeruddin shah, omprakash, padmini kolhapure, passion theatre, professional singers, rakeysh omprakash mehra, randeep hooda, ravi varma, singing lessons, skype, special friend, winning music