Rajnikanth 3D movie costs touch Rs.600 millionMay 10th, 2008 - 8:22 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, May 10 (IANS) The cost of Ocher Studios-Adlabs-Warner Bros venture “Sultan, The Warrior” featuring an animated Rajnikanth in a full length 3D movie touched Rs.600 million, said sources from its financier Exim Bank Saturday. “The costliest movie in Indian film history is expected to generate business of at least Rs.2.25 billion going by the interest indicated by the distributors following the distribution of over 1,500 prints of its second promo in cinemas,” a source told IANS.
“It began as a small Rs.60 million venture, but the unprecedented success of Shivaji last year saw it zoom past Rs.220 million and has now touched ten times its original envisaged cost,” another source acquainted with the deal revealed.
While Ocher Studios is owned by Saundarya, daughter of superstar Rajnikanth, Adlabs is owned by Anil Ambani.
Tamil actor Ajith Kumar has been signed to play a key role in Ocher Studios’ untitled solo maiden venture, Saundarya told reporters Saturday.
Work on the Ocher-Warner Bros joint venture, a sequel to Kumar’s latest hit “Billa” (third remake of 1978 Hindi hit “Don”) will begin in April next year, its publicists added.
- Warner Bros in Kollywood - Sep 16, 2010
- 'Neethaane En Ponvasantham' trailer notches half million YouTube hits - Sep 04, 2012
- Amazon.com Launches Movie Studio - Nov 18, 2010
- Rajnikant daughter's tie-up with Hollywood studio ends - Apr 19, 2009
- Rajnikanth cartoon extravaganza to feature his live action - Jul 17, 2008
- Warner Bros. to distribute Dev Anand's film - Aug 10, 2011
- Venkat Prabhu refused Dhanush's offer of 'Ready' remake - Jul 29, 2009
- Warner Bros gifts diamond bracelet to Rowling - Jul 21, 2011
- 'Harry Potter' franchise crosses $7 bn mark - Jul 22, 2011
- Box-office business - a bleak streak for Tamil filmdom (2011 In Retrospect) - Dec 27, 2011
- Warner Bros give the green light for 'Green Lantern 2' - Jun 28, 2011
- Ajith Kumar's Mankatha delayed - Sep 14, 2010
- 'Sherlock Holmes 3' is in the pipeline - Oct 24, 2011
- Guillermo to direct remake of `Beauty and the Beast' - Feb 15, 2012
- Bad boy Vidyut Jamvwal turns hero in his next (With Images) - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: 60 million, actor ajith kumar, ajith kumar, financier, full length, indian film, joint venture, key role, maiden venture, ocher studios, prints, publicists, rajnikanth, rs 2, sequel, sultan the warrior, tamil actor ajith kumar, touch rs, unprecedented success, warner bros