Rajinikanth to be in ICU for some more timeMay 22nd, 2011 - 5:04 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 22 (IANS) Tamil superstar Rajinikanth, admitted to the Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre here, will continue to be in the intensive care unit (ICU) for some more time, a hospital bulletin said Sunday.
According to the bulletin, Rajinikanth “….continues to be in the intensive care for further monitoring till he is well stabilised in all health parameters. He takes his food on his own, spends time with his family members and watches television. The date on which he is expected to be shifted to the ward will be decided soon.”
The matinee idol was admitted to hospital late evening May 13, with fever and fluid retention following acute gastro-intestinal and respiratory problems and was later shifted to the ICU May 18.
The 60-year-old superstar also underwent advanced treatment including hemodialysis. According to hospital authorities, the actor is not permitted to have visitors except for family members.
Admitted for the third time in over three weeks, Rajinikanth was earlier admitted to St. Isabel Hospital April 29 after a bout of vomiting, and was discharged in the evening.
On May 5, he was again admitted to the ICU of St. Isabel Hospital after allergic bronchitis and fever.
- Rajinikanth shifted to private ward from ICU (Lead) - May 22, 2011
- Rajinikanth now improving - May 21, 2011
- Rajinikanth discharged from Singapore hospital - Jun 15, 2011
- Rajinikanth leaves for Singapore - May 28, 2011
- Rajnikanth undergoes dialysis, recovering (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- Rajinikanth leaves Singapore hospital, calls Jayalalithaa (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Rajnikanth progressing well in hospital - May 15, 2011
- Rajnikanth responding well in ICU - May 19, 2011
- Rajinikanth returns from Singapore - Jul 14, 2011
- Rajinikanth to return home Wednesday night - Jul 13, 2011
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for prayers - Jun 18, 2011
- Bollywood prays for Rajnikanth's quick recovery - May 20, 2011
- Rajnikanth's condition stable - May 18, 2011
- Modi, Naidu call on Rajnikanth - May 16, 2011
- Rajinikanth advised two more days in ICU - May 07, 2011
Tags: allergic bronchitis, april 29, bronchitis, family members, fever, fluid retention, hospital authorities, intensive care unit, isabel, late evening, matinee idol, medical centre, parameters, rajinikanth, respiratory problems, sri ramachandra, superstar, third time, vomiting, watches