Rajinikanth discharged from Singapore hospitalJune 15th, 2011 - 6:34 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 15 (IANS) Tamil superstar Rajinikanth was Wednesday discharged from the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore and will remain in that country for some more time.
According to informed sources here, the matinee idol will be in Singapore for some more days at an undisclosed location.
The 60-year-old actor, who made his mark as a character actor in the movie “Aarulirunthu Arupathu Varai” (From six to sixty years) was flown to Singapore May 28 and was admitted to the hospital the next day.
Sources said the actor’s entire family - wife Latha, two daughters Aishwarya and Soundarya and sons-in-law Dhanush and Ashwin Ramkumar - are in Singapore.
Rajinikanth was admitted to the Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre here with fever and fluid retention following acute gastro-intestinal and respiratory problems May 13. He was discharged from the hospital May 28.
At the Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre, Rajinikanth underwent advanced treatment, including hemodialysis.
Rajinikanth was earlier admitted to St. Isabel Hospital April 29 after a bout of vomiting, and was discharged in the evening.
On May 5, he was again admitted to the ICU of St. Isabel Hospital after allergic bronchitis and fever.
- Rajinikanth leaves Singapore hospital, calls Jayalalithaa (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Rajinikanth returns from Singapore - Jul 14, 2011
- Rajinikanth to return home Wednesday night - Jul 13, 2011
- Rajinikanth leaves for Singapore - May 28, 2011
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for prayers - Jun 18, 2011
- Rajinikanth to be in ICU for some more time - May 22, 2011
- Rajinikanth shifted to private ward from ICU (Lead) - May 22, 2011
- Rajnikanth undergoes dialysis, recovering (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- Rajinikanth now improving - May 21, 2011
- Rajnikanth responding well in ICU - May 19, 2011
- Rajinikanth going to Singapore for treatment (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Rajnikanth progressing well in hospital - May 15, 2011
- Modi, Naidu call on Rajnikanth - May 16, 2011
- Bollywood prays for Rajnikanth's quick recovery - May 20, 2011
- Rajnikanth's condition stable - May 18, 2011
Tags: aishwarya, allergic bronchitis, ashwin, bronchitis, character actor, chennai, dhanush, family wife, fluid retention, matinee idol, medical centre, mount elizabeth hospital, ramkumar, respiratory problems, singapore hospital, sixty years, soundarya, sri ramachandra, two daughters, undisclosed location