Rajesh Khanna was destined to be superstar: Dimple KapadiaAugust 18th, 2012 - 6:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 18 (IANS) Actress Dimple Kapadia has for the first time spoken about yesteryear superstar Rajesh Khanna after his death. She says he was special and destined to be a superstar.
“I spent my life with him as I was 16 when I got married. He was not a normal man, he was a very special man,” Dimple said on the sidelines of the inauguration of “Retrospective of Rajesh Khanna-Superstar Forever” at the Siri Fort auditorium Saturday.
“There are so many things I can say about him but what is very very special about him is that his DNA was that of superstar,” she added.
Recalling the last few days she spent with Rajesh Khanna, Dimple said: “In the last few days he said to me ‘Pack up, the show is over’. He also said that ‘I lived my life with lot of grace and please make sure that it lives forever’.”
The retrospective is being organized by the Directorate of Film Festivals (DFF) and Ministry of Information and Broadcasting as a tribute to the cinema legend, who died July 23 at his Bandra residence after a prolonged illness. He was 69.
The three-day event starts Saturday and will screen ten of the actor’s landmark films. These are “Aap Ki Kasam”, “Aradhana”, “Aakhri Khat”, “Amar Prem”, “Kati Patang”, “Ittefaq”, “Avishkaar”, “Bawarchi”, “Safar” and “Anand”.
The 55-year-old, who was accompanied by daughter Rinke, thanked the ministry for organising the retrospective and help Rajesh Khanna fans relive the memories.
“I like to salute his each and every fan for having made this possible. I think the one thing that he would have said if alive today to his fans is - ‘humein tumse pyar kitna yeh hum nahi jaante, magar jee nahi sakte tumhare bina’.”
“I would like to thank DFF and the Information and Broadcasting Ministry for having this retrospective. Thank your for giving a chance to relive his memories,” she said.
Also present on the opening ceremony was producer-director Om Prakash, who worked with Kaka, as Rajesh Khanna was fondly called, in “Aap Ki Kasam”.
“It’s the great gesture to remember Kaka with his films including ‘Aap Ki Kasam’ in which I had the privilege to cast him. Rajesh and I had an association for so many years. He was a very warm-hearted person and a great actor. I think he was an asset and rather pride of any filmmaker he worked with,” said Om Prakash.
- Rajesh Khanna was destined to be superstar, says Dimple (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- B-town mourns loss of Rajesh Khanna, the 'phenomenon' - Jul 18, 2012
- Pakistani fans remember `babumoshai' Rajesh Khanna - Jul 19, 2012
- Rajesh, Pancham and Kishore were a lethal combination: Anupam - Jun 29, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna unwell, stops food intake - Jun 20, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna to be discharged in a day or two - Jun 24, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna improving, likely to be released soon - Jun 28, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna to stay few more days in hospital - Jun 26, 2012
- Bollywood's first superstar, Rajesh Khanna's filmography - Jul 18, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna's evergreen songs - Jul 18, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna likely to be discharged at weekend - Jul 06, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna gets discharged - Jul 08, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna fine, undergoing tests - Jun 30, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna suffered from liver infection - Jul 19, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna fine, says family - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: dff, dimple kapadia, film festivals, ittefaq, kaka, kha, kitna, landmark films, magar, ministry of information, normal man, opening ceremony, prakash, prem, rajesh khanna, retrospective, safar, sidelines, siri fort auditorium, special man