Rajasthan Police arrest five Bangladeshis for role in Jaipur blastsMay 20th, 2008 - 9:23 pm ICT by admin
Jaipur, May 20 (ANI): Rajasthan Police confirmed the arrest of five Bangladeshis today for their role in the Jaipur serial blasts.
All of them were booked under the Foreigners Act and sent to judicial custody, police said.
The authorities said they suspected the Bangladesh-based Harkat-ul Jehad-e-Islami (HUJI), a radical Islamic group of carrying out the blasts.
The HUJI was earlier blamed for the attacks on the American Center in Kolkata, the Delhi serial blasts in October 2005, the attack on the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore, the Sankat Mochan Mandir attacks in Varanasi, the Mecca Masjid blasts in Hyderabad and the serial blasts in the Uttar Pradesh courts.
Cycle shopkeepers in Jaipur said the buyers of the cycles used in the blasts, were speaking in Bengali.
District collectors and Superintendents of Police have been asked to check on Bangladeshis in their respective areas.
The National Security Guard has confirmed that no RDX was used in the bombs, as claimed by the State and Central Governments. (ANI)
- 11 terror suspects held, catastrophe averted (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- CBI withdraws Most Wanted list of goof-ups galore (Lead) - May 20, 2011
- Report on police firing after Mecca Masjid blast submitted - Oct 16, 2010
- Probe widens in Mumbai blasts, detonators remain mystery - Jul 18, 2011
- CBI to quiz Ajmer blast accused on Mecca Masjid attack - Jun 11, 2010
- Self-styled HuJI commander arrested in Jammu - Dec 22, 2008
- Mecca Masjid blast third anniversary passes off - May 18, 2010
- HuJi link to Delhi attack on Israelis? - Feb 21, 2012
- Samjhauta blasts probe moving at snail's pace: Pakistan - Jan 14, 2011
- India to raise terror threat in talks with Bangladesh - Nov 18, 2011
- Delhi blast: NIA seeks inputs from foreign agencies - Sep 11, 2011
- NIA to quiz jailed Hizbul linkman in Delhi blast - Sep 28, 2011
- Five held in Kishtwar for Delhi blast email - Sep 09, 2011
- Al Qaeda commander Ilyas Kashmiri is alive: Dawn - Jul 16, 2011
- Muslim groups demand fresh probe into Mecca Masjid blast - May 03, 2010
Tags: bangladesh, bengali, blasts in hyderabad, bombs, central governments, foreigners, harkat ul, huji, indian institute of science, islami, islamic group, judicial custody, mecca, mecca masjid, national security, police arrest, rdx, security guard, serial blasts, uttar pradesh