Rajamony takes over as president’s press secretaryAugust 2nd, 2012 - 6:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 2 (IANS) Venu Rajamony, an Indian Foreign Service officer, who has served in Indian missions in Beijing, Washington and Geneva, Thursday assumed charge as the press secretary to President Pranab Mukherjee.
Rajamony was serving as joint secretary and headed the Multilateral Institutions Division of the Department of Economic Affairs of the finance ministry on deputation before moving into Rashtrapati Bhavan as a presidential aide.
His stint as Inddia’s consul general in Dubai (2007-2010) saw a defining transformation of India’s economic ties with the United Arab Emirates and the publication of his first book, “India and the UAE: In Celebration of a Legendary Friendship.”
Besides diplomacy, Rajamony has carved a niche for himself as an author and scholar of international relations. He has served as Asia Foundation Visiting Fellow at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies, Washington, and authored a monograph titled “The India-China-US Triangle: A Soft Balance of Power in the Making”.
He is a fluent Mandarin speaker.
Rajamony holds a a masters in international studies from New Delhi’s Jawaharlal Nehru University and law degree from Kottayam’s Mahatma Gandhi University. He was vice president of the JNU Student’s Union in 1981-82 and chairman of the Maharajas College Students Union, Ernakulam in 1980-81.
- Venu Rajamony to be President Mukherjee's press secretary - Jul 28, 2012
- Rajamony to oversee multilateral agencies at finance ministry - Oct 05, 2010
- Venu Rajamony handpicked for Finance Ministry post - Oct 06, 2010
- Kerala seeks new dam, protests erupt against Tamil Nadu - Nov 28, 2011
- Chinese checkers: Mandarin teachers in short supply in India - Dec 15, 2010
- Union minister's Mullaperiyar remark irks Kerala - Jan 16, 2012
- Government signs accord with World Bank $155.3 mn grant (With Image) - Feb 17, 2012
- New Mullaperiyar Dam will be a reality: Chandy - Jan 04, 2012
- Chandy demands new dam in place of Mullaperiyar - Dec 21, 2011
- Explosive substances near rail track diffused - Aug 23, 2012
- Kerala presses for new dam with demonstrations, shutdown - Nov 29, 2011
- Students' march to parliament for Telangana March 11 - Mar 05, 2011
- Kerala to get $200 mn World Bank aid - Jul 04, 2011
- Changing professions - to become police officers - Jul 13, 2012
- Mullaperiyar Dam: Chandy briefs Tamil Nadu media - Jan 07, 2012
Tags: asia foundation, centre for strategic and international studies, consul general, deputation, economic ties, finance ministry, fluent mandarin, foreign service officer, inddia, india china, indian missions, jawaharlal nehru, jawaharlal nehru university, kottayam, mahatma gandhi university, multilateral institutions, pranab mukherjee, s union, soft balance, united arab emirates