Raj Babbar felicitated for ‘Bodyguard’ successSeptember 4th, 2011 - 1:02 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 3 (IANS) Raj Babbar was felicitated Saturday by multiplex chain Movie Time for the success of Salman Khan-starrer “Bodyguard”, in which he has essayed the role of Kareena Kapoor?s father.
The actor-politician also expressed support for charity towards underprivileged children through collections of the second week screenings of the film at a Movie Time theatre here.
Anil Kapur, the CEO of Movie Time, felicitated the 59-year-old at the cinema hall in Rajouri Garden here, followed by a screening of the movie, which broke opening day records by minting Rs.22 crore in domestic market.
The event was organised for star Salman Khan, who is currently in Pittsburgh, recuperating from a surgery for a condition called trigeminal neuralgia, which had been causing excruciating pain in his head, jaws and cheeks.
?This event has been organised for Salman, who is in US fighting his ailment. God willing, he will be fine soon. We have felicitated Mr.Raj Babbar, who has starred in `Bodyguard? as well. We are glad that he agreed to come for the special screening, and shown support to us for a charity programme related to `Bodyguard?,? Kapur told IANS.
?The money made out of the second week screenings of `Bodyguard? at Movie Time, Rajouri Garden, will be donated to an NGO called PVR Nest, which works towards homeless and underprivileged kids,? he added.
Talking about Salman, Raj Babbar said: ??Bodyguard? is a film about emotions and love, and Salman has given a lot of love and emotion to people of India despite the ups and downs of his life. He has been a true winner.?
- I hope Salman gets cured completely: Kareena Kapoor - Aug 30, 2011
- Why didn't Sohail go for Salman's surgery? - Sep 03, 2011
- Salman Khan heading to US for treatment - Aug 26, 2011
- Actors should forget health issues while shooting: Salman Khan - Jul 21, 2012
- Salman fine after surgery - Sep 01, 2011
- Salman to resume shooting on Sep 10 - Sep 06, 2011
- Kareena to honour real-life bodyguards - Aug 18, 2011
- Not Katrina or Karisma, it's Kareena's voiceover in 'Bodyguard'! - Aug 04, 2011
- Salman film breaks SRK's overseas record - Sep 03, 2011
- Celebs have edge over genuine social workers: Salman - Feb 25, 2012
- No Plans to screen 'Tiger' for late RAW agent's family - Jul 27, 2012
- 'Bodyguard' - delivers the goods (IANS Movie Review) - Sep 01, 2011
- Tigers can't make excuses of being unwell: Salman Khan (Interview) - Aug 21, 2012
- 'Bodyguard' Salman gifted Audi Q7 - Dec 07, 2011
- Will Salman strike gold again with 'Bodyguard'? (IANS Preview) - Aug 29, 2011
Tags: ailment, bodyguard, cinema hall, crore, excruciating pain, jaws, kareena kapoor, movie time, mr raj, neuralgia, ngo, politician, raj babbar, salman khan, star salman khan, true winner, underprivileged children, underprivileged kids, ups, ups and downs