Rahul Mahajan weds Dimpy Ganguly on reality TVMarch 7th, 2010 - 1:06 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 6 (IANS) Rahul Mahajan Saturday night exchanged wedding vows with Kolkata-based model Dimpy Ganguly on NDTV Imagine’s reality TV show “Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega”.
Dimpy had edged past 14 contestants from the show and over 16,500 applicants to be the bride of Rahul, who is the son of slain Bharatiya Janata Party leader Pramod Mahajan.
Rahul told Dimpy on the show: “In the audition tape you said that you fell in love with me when you were five years old. Sixteen years after your wait is over.”
“People say you can die in love, but for me you are worth living for. I can say in front of the whole world that I love you,” Rahul told Dimpy.
To which Dimpy replied: “I love you too.”
Even before his ’swayamvar’ began, Rahul had expressed a soft corner for Bengali women.
“Bengali women are bold and beautiful. They are good looking - they are a perfect combination of beauty and brains. Besides, Kolkata has a very rich culture. I would love to marry someone from Bengal,” Rahul had said before the show had kickstarted at Udaipur’s Fatehgrah Palace.
The wedding was a lavish affair at the Leela Kempinski Hotel here. Several celebrities graced the event to shower their blessings on the couple.
- New Mrs. Rahul Mahajan wants him in politics (Lead) - Mar 07, 2010
- New Mrs.Rahul Mahajan wants him to enter politics - Mar 07, 2010
- I had a miscarriage, fine now: Dimpy Mahajan - Feb 10, 2012
- Patna girl Ratan next in line for 'swayamvar' on TV? - Dec 10, 2010
- Three brides in waiting - who will Rahul choose? - Mar 06, 2010
- Will take action if Rahul Mahajan's wife complains: Minister - Jul 30, 2010
- Rahul Mahajan's wife alleges assault, NCW to probe if she complains (Lead) - Jul 30, 2010
- Ratan Rajput gets 54,863 wedding proposals; Meerut, Lucknow top list - Apr 19, 2011
- He punched, kicked and dragged me: Rahul Mahajan's wife: (Third Lead) - Jul 30, 2010
- 'I am very upset and hurt', says Dimpy Mahajan - Jul 30, 2010
- Rahul Mahajan back on TV to host 'Perfect Bachelor' - Nov 29, 2011
- Politicians not paid enough: Rahul Mahajan - Mar 07, 2010
- Dimpy Mahajan To Appear In A Special Episode Of 'Meethi Choori No1' - Aug 13, 2010
- RAHUL DULHANIYA LE JAYEGA FINALE draws Season's highest ratings on reality shows - Mar 11, 2010
- Rahul Mahajan to groove in 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 4'? - Dec 03, 2010
Tags: audition tape, bengal, bengali women, blessings, brains, celebrities, ganguly, kempinski hotel, leela kempinski, love, ndtv, party leader, perfect combination, rahul mahajan, reality tv show, rich culture, saturday night, sixteen years, wedding vows