Rahman to team up with Mick JaggerMay 5th, 2009 - 1:29 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 5 (IANS) Oscar winning Indian composer A.R. Rahman has reportedly teamed up with former Rolling Stones member Mick Jagger for a song.
Apart from Rahman, Jagger and singer Joss Stone have also roped in rapper-actor Nas and Jamaican musician Bob Marley’s sons Damian and Stephen for the song.
According to thesun.co.uk, they have come together to work on a song that will be issued on the United Nation’s International Day Of Peace that falls on Sep 21.
“Joss and Mick hit it off when they worked with producer Dave Stewart on the ‘Alfie’ soundtrack, so were keen to collaborate again. When this project was suggested they were keen to get on board, especially considering the glittering cast of other musicians involved,” a source said.
- Rahman' next international venture - May 05, 2009
- Rahman in Mick Jagger's new band - May 22, 2011
- A. R. Rahman working with Mick Jagger, Joss Stone - May 05, 2009
- We packed the ego and made a song: Band member A.R. Rahman - Sep 10, 2011
- Joss Stone releases new album LP1 - Jul 27, 2011
- Mick Jagger and Stone to team up for charity - May 05, 2009
- Rahman loses out on Globe Globe (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Mick Jagger to make rock movie - Apr 10, 2011
- Lady Gaga, Eminem bag top honours at Grammys (Roundup) - Feb 14, 2011
- Rahman loses out on Golden Globes to 'The Social Network' - Jan 17, 2011
- Bob Marley film to be shown at Berlin fest - Jan 23, 2012
- I make tea with weed: Sean Paul - Mar 31, 2012
- MJ's lead guitarist strums for 'Rockstar' - Sep 30, 2011
- Drake wants to be music icon - Mar 31, 2012
- Today is Mick Jagger's birthday - Jul 26, 2011