Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats!June 30th, 2012 - 2:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 30 (IANS) A.R. Rahman is set to team up with Hollywood director Danny Boyle again - this time to compose a song for the London Olympics’ opening ceremony. The music maestro reveals it will be a Punjabi song celebrating Indian influence in Britain.
“Clarifying the report on the Olympics track I am composing… It’s a track in Punjabi celebrating the Indian influence in the UK,” Rahman, who worked with Boyle in Oscar-winning film “Slumdog Millionaire” and “127 Hours”, posted on his Facebook page.
“It’s a part of a medley in the Olympics opening ceremony, according to Danny Boyle’s creative wishes!” he added.
It has also been reported that music composer Ilayaraja’s composition “Naanthaan ungappanda”, from Kamal Hassan’s 1980 film “Ram Lakshman” will be a part of the opening ceremony too.
The 2012 London Olympics will be held July 27 to Aug 12.
- The Indian voice heard at London Olympics (With Images) - Aug 03, 2012
- A R Rahman Waiting For '127 Hours'! - Jan 06, 2011
- Rahman hopes 'DAM 999' brings back Oscar - Dec 21, 2011
- Rahman wins Best Original Song Award in Los Angles - Jan 15, 2011
- Rahman loses out on Globe Globe (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Rahman's 'If I Rise' nominated for WSA - Aug 25, 2011
- Rahman gets BAFTA nomination for '127 Hours' music - Jan 18, 2011
- Rahman loses BAFTA - Feb 14, 2011
- Young singers have universal appeal: A.R.Rahman - Dec 23, 2011
- Rahman in Oscar run again with two nominations for '127 Hours' - Jan 25, 2011
- Golden Globe nomination blessing beyond words: Rahman - Dec 15, 2010
- Double loss for Rahman - loses Oscar for original song too - Feb 28, 2011
- 'Jai ho' Rahman at Golden Globe nominations again (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- You get success, then a movie gets ripped off: A.R. Rahman (Interview) - Jan 22, 2011
- A.R Rahman Nominated For The 83rd Annual Academy Awards Twice - Jan 26, 2011
Tags: 2012 london olympics, according to danny, composition, danny boyle, hollywood, hollywood director, indian influence, kamal hassan, lakshman, medley, millionaire, music composer, music maestro, New Delhi, olympics, olympics opening ceremony, punjabi song, ram lakshman