Rahman pays tribute to Malaysia VasudevanFebruary 21st, 2011 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 21 (IANS) Ace composer A.R. Rahman expressed his condolences after hearing of the demise of playback singer Malaysia Vasudevan. Vasudevan died Sunday afternoon at a private hospital in Chennai. He was 66.
“Malaysia Vasudevan Sir, Rest In Peace… You were one of the few who believed in me and gave me my first break as a music producer for the album ‘Disco Disco’ in 1987 (sic),” Rahman posted on his Twitter page.
The Malaysia-born Vasudeven devoted over three decades of his life to Tamil movies, not just as a singer, but an as an actor too.
His big break came in the movie “16 Vayathiniley” in which the song “Aattukutti Muttaiyittu”, tuned by Ilayaraja, was a big hit.
- Playback singer Malaysia Vasudevan dead - Feb 20, 2011
- Another Loss in Tamil Film Industry - Sep 14, 2010
- South Indian movie world condoles death of Chitra's daughter - Apr 15, 2011
- Mani Ratnam to launch Rahman's biography April 6 (With Images) - Mar 22, 2011
- Ghazal loses its soulful king in Jagjit Singh (Roundup) - Oct 10, 2011
- Rajnikanth, Kamal Haasan And A.R. Rahman Together! - Dec 07, 2010
- For me, live performance is incomparable to anything: Sonu Niigaam - Nov 01, 2010
- Poonam Pandey wishes Husain had painted her (Movie Snippets) - Jun 09, 2011
- Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats! - Jun 30, 2012
- Bappi Lahiri to make acting debut on TV - Feb 02, 2011
- 'The Dirty Picture' sweeps top honours at Colors Screen Awards (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- 'The Dirty Picture' sweeps top honours at Colors Screen Awards - Jan 15, 2012
- Veteran Marathi music composer Khale dead - Sep 02, 2011
- Rahman's 'If I Rise' nominated for WSA - Aug 25, 2011
- Gurinder Chadha teams up with Rahman for animated film - Jan 13, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,