Rahman’ next international ventureMay 5th, 2009 - 9:23 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
After his Oscar win, A.R Rahman has been going places. The talented Indian composer A.R. Rahman will be teaming up with former Rolling Stones member Mick Jagger for a song.
Singer Joss Stone as well as rapper-actor Nas and Jamaican musician Bob Marley’s sons Damian and Stephen have been roped in for the song as well.
According to the sun.co.uk, the song will be issued on the United Nation’s International Day Of Peace that falls on Sep 21.
A source has said, “Joss and Mick hit it off when they worked with producer Dave Stewart on the ‘Alfie’ soundtrack, so were keen to collaborate again. When this project was suggested they were keen to get on board, especially considering the glittering cast of other musicians involved.”
Way to go Rahman. -Sampurn Media
- Rahman to team up with Mick Jagger - May 05, 2009
- Rahman in Mick Jagger's new band - May 22, 2011
- A. R. Rahman working with Mick Jagger, Joss Stone - May 05, 2009
- We packed the ego and made a song: Band member A.R. Rahman - Sep 10, 2011
- Joss Stone releases new album LP1 - Jul 27, 2011
- Mick Jagger and Stone to team up for charity - May 05, 2009
- Rahman loses out on Globe Globe (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Lady Gaga, Eminem bag top honours at Grammys (Roundup) - Feb 14, 2011
- Rahman loses out on Golden Globes to 'The Social Network' - Jan 17, 2011
- Bob Marley film to be shown at Berlin fest - Jan 23, 2012
- MJ's lead guitarist strums for 'Rockstar' - Sep 30, 2011
- 'Jai ho' Rahman at Golden Globe nominations again (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Today is Mick Jagger's birthday - Jul 26, 2011
- Drake wants to be music icon - Mar 31, 2012
- Rahman wins award for '127 Hours' - Oct 23, 2011
Tags: alfie soundtrack, bob marley, damian, dave stewart, going places, international day of peace, international venture, joss stone, mick jagger, musician, musicians, rolling stones, sun, united nation