Rahman loses BAFTAFebruary 14th, 2011 - 5:27 am ICT by IANS
London, Feb 14 (IANS) It doesn’t seem to be a lucky year for A.R. Rahman. After losing the Golden Globe award, the Indian music composer Sunday lost the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) award for best original music in Danny Boyle’s “127 Hours”.The Oscar winning composer lost the award to Alexandre Desplat, who composed the soundtrack for British royal drama “The King’s Speech”.
Rahman, who won a BAFTA in 2009 for his work in “Slumdog Millionaire”, can now pin his hopes only on the penultimate - the Oscars. He has been nominated in two categories - original score and original song at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards for the original score in “127 Hours” as well as original song “If I Rise” for the same movie.
Earlier this year, Rahman won the Best Original Song award at the 16th Critics’ Choice Movie awards for “127 Hours”.
- Rahman in Oscar run again with two nominations for '127 Hours' - Jan 25, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' sweeps BAFTA, Rahman loses (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Rahman loses out on Globe Globe (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Rahman gets BAFTA nomination for '127 Hours' music - Jan 18, 2011
- Rahman loses out on Golden Globes to 'The Social Network' - Jan 17, 2011
- 'Jai ho' Rahman at Golden Globe nominations again (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Rahman honoured at World Economic Forum - Jan 27, 2011
- Golden Globe nomination blessing beyond words: Rahman - Dec 15, 2010
- Rahman loses Oscar for '127 Hours' original score - Feb 28, 2011
- Rahman gets Golden Globe nomination for '127 Hours' - Dec 14, 2010
- Rahman hopes 'DAM 999' brings back Oscar - Dec 21, 2011
- A.R Rahman Nominated For The 83rd Annual Academy Awards Twice - Jan 26, 2011
- You get success, then a movie gets ripped off: A.R. Rahman (Interview) - Jan 22, 2011
- A.R.Rahman Fails To Be Second Time Lucky At Golden Globes! - Jan 17, 2011
- Rahman's 'If I Rise' nominated for WSA - Aug 25, 2011
Tags: academy awards, alexandre desplat, annual academy awards, bafta, best original music, best original song, british academy, critics choice, danny boyle, feb 14, film and television, golden globe award, indian music, london feb, millionaire, music composer, original score, oscars, television arts