Rahman in Oscar run again with two nominations for ‘127 Hours’January 25th, 2011 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Jan 25 (IANS) Indian music maestro A.R. Rahman has done it again! He received two nominations Tuesday for the 83rd Annual Academy Awards for the original score in Danny Boyle’s “127 Hours” as well as original song “If I Rise” for the same movie.
The composer, who won a double Oscar for his work in “Slumdog Millionaire” in 2009, is now vying for the golden statuette for the original score with John Powell (”How To Train Your Dragon”), Hans Zimmer (”Inception”), Alexandre Desplat (”The King’s Speech”), Trent Rezmor and Atticus Ross (”The Social Network”) in the original music category.
Rahman is sharing his nomination for best song category with Dido and Rolo Armstrong, who have penned the lyrics of “If I Rise”.
In a recent interview with IANS, Rahman had said he would be happy to receive a nomination, but isn’t expecting an award this time.
“I’ll be happy if I get nominations but I’ve got enough Oscars already for one lifetime. I don’t think I’ll get an Oscar. I’ll enjoy the function and see it, but I don’t think I’ll be getting it,” he said.
Soon after he lost out on the Golden Globe award for “127 Hours”, the 45-year-old received a nomination for the same project at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) awards.
He also won the Best Original Song award at the 16th Critics’ Choice Movie awards for “127 Hours” that is releasing in India Wednesday.
The Oscar ceremony is to be held Feb 27.
- Rahman honoured at World Economic Forum - Jan 27, 2011
- A.R Rahman Nominated For The 83rd Annual Academy Awards Twice - Jan 26, 2011
- Rahman loses Oscar for '127 Hours' original score - Feb 28, 2011
- A.R.Rahman Fails To Be Second Time Lucky At Golden Globes! - Jan 17, 2011
- Rahman gets Golden Globe nomination for '127 Hours' - Dec 14, 2010
- Rahman excited about British release of '127 Hours' - Jan 05, 2011
- Double loss for Rahman - loses Oscar for original song too - Feb 28, 2011
- 'Jai ho' Rahman at Golden Globe nominations again (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Rahman loses out on Globe Globe (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Rahman loses BAFTA - Feb 14, 2011
- Golden Globe nomination blessing beyond words: Rahman - Dec 15, 2010
- Rahman loses out on Golden Globes to 'The Social Network' - Jan 17, 2011
- Rahman loses out at Oscars, Indians disappointed (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- A.R Rahman: Nominated For Golden Globe Awards For 127 Hours - Dec 15, 2010
- 'The King's Speech' sweeps BAFTA, Rahman loses (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: alexandre desplat, annual academy awards, atticus ross, bafta awards, best original song, british academy, critics choice, danny boyle, film and television, golden globe award, hans zimmer, indian music, john powell, music category, music maestro, original score, oscar ceremony, song category, statuette, television arts