Rahat Is Back, Normalcy Returns To ‘Chhote Ustaad’August 10th, 2010 - 2:25 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
August 10, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Star Plus has refused to relent to the threats of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena, and will go ahead with the shoot of “Chhote Ustaad’ as per schedule.
Apparently, in the last episode, Pakistan’s Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, who is one of the two judges, failed to turn up. (Reportedly, Khan was also dealing with other problems) One got an impression that Khan has buckled down to MNS threat and fled the country.
However, he’s back. A source from the channel adds, “Rahat couldn’t make it to the last episode, because he didn’t get his visa. He’s very much back in the country, and as I speak he’s shooting for the show now. From the opening week, we’ve been having a guest judge. Last week, viewers saw Shaan accompany Sonu Niigaam. Earlier, we had Kunal Ganjawala”.
Another interesting thing observed in the last episode was the names by which little contestants were being addressed on the show. One of the pair was addressed as Mayur and Mayuri. For a second we thought that the kids from Pakistan are out and new singers have joined their Indian counterparts. However, that’s not the case as all pairs are being given rhyming names. Is this being done to outsmart the agitators?
“No, it’s nothing like that. The Pakistani kids are very much part of the show. All the pairs have been given rhyming nick names. Everything is going smoothly. We don’t expect any problems anymore”, added the source.
Meanwhile, an industry insider added, “The Pakistani kids had left for home fearing the MNS. However, it seems that the matter is resolved now. “Chhote Ustaad’ should continue as per schedule”.
Well, the threat of MNS must have been thwarted, but we just hope there’s no furor across the border for addressing their children by Indian nick names.
–Mayur Lookhar/Sampurn Wire
- Rahat Requests Asha To Teach Him Marathi - Aug 12, 2010
- Sonu's Friend Kunal Ganjawala In 'Chhote Ustaad' On Friendship Day - Aug 02, 2010
- Sonu Niigaam Returns With 'Chhote Ustaad' - Jun 19, 2010
- Raveena Tandon On Amul Chhote Ustaad - Sep 04, 2010
- Saibaba Telefilms Hosts Iftaar Party For Chhote Ustaads - Aug 31, 2010
- Iftaar Party Hosted For Chhote Ustaads - Aug 31, 2010
- Sonu Niigaam, Rahat Fateh Ali to judge 'Chhote Ustad' - Jun 21, 2010
- Sonu Niigaam, Raahat Fateh Ali Khan Talk Terror - Jul 16, 2010
- Sonu Niigaam Turns A Mentor - Sep 02, 2010
- Omi Vaidya to host 'Chhote Ustaad' - Jul 14, 2010
- Colors Gears Up For 'Chhote Miyan 3' - Jul 26, 2010
- Chhote Ustaads Celebrate 35 Years Of Sholay - Aug 27, 2010
- "I Don't Wax My Chest": Sonu Niigaam - Jul 17, 2010
- Pak Presence In 'Chhote Ustaad' Irks MNS - Jul 29, 2010
- Akansha-Rouhan Wins The ‘Chhote Ustaad’ Title - Oct 12, 2010
Tags: agitators, august 10, fateh ali khan, furor, guest judge, indian counterparts, industry insider, mayur, mayuri, mns, nick names, normalcy returns, pairs, pakistan, rahat fateh ali, rahat fateh ali khan, sena, singers, visa