Radio Jockey Erica Lee Fired After 19 Years Of ServiceJanuary 8th, 2010 - 9:01 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Jan 8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It has been confirmed by Erica Lee, the co-host of the popular radio show “Scott And Erica Morning Show,” that she would no longer be present on the show. She admitted that she had been fired by the company that produced the show, WOMX. The other person who hosted the show with Erica Lee is Scott McKenzie, who remains with the station and will continue hosting the sane show at the same time.
Erica Lee’s career with the radio station falls just a year short of two decades. As Scott McKenzie himself commented, it was about the longest career held by anybody in any radio show. He also commented that holding a job for such a long time in a single radio station is almost an unheard of feat. Erica Lee had been hosting the show “Scott And Erica Morning Show” in the radio station, Mix 105.1 for the last 19 years. The last day that she attended work was on Thursday, Jan 7.
It is not yet clear as to why Erica Lee got sacked from the position that she had held for the past 19 years. The calls that were made to the department of human resources and the general manager of the station were not returned. However, Scott McKenzie admitted that the last day that Erica Lee attended the station was a very emotional one for all of them. The show itself started almost half an hour late. The news that Erica Lee will not be working with the station anymore was announced by Scott McKenzie, some time around 7 in the morning.
- Erica Lee has been fired from the 'Scott and Erica Morning Show' - Jan 08, 2010
- Singer of Hippie anthem `San Francisco' dies - Aug 21, 2012
- Bristol Palin offered radio job - Jan 08, 2011
- Gayle King debuts on CBS show 'This Morning' - Jan 09, 2012
- Reality show 'Face Off' aired on Syfy - Jan 27, 2011
- Bristol Palin offered job on Phoenix Radio Show - Jan 27, 2011
- KFI suspends John Kobylt and Ken Chiampou - Feb 17, 2012
- US teacher held for sexual relation with student - Aug 12, 2012
- Erica Hill Set To Leave CNN For CBS - Jan 09, 2010
- 'Mexico most dangerous country for journalists' - Sep 13, 2010
- Bolt in 200m semis at Olympic trials - Jul 01, 2012
- Former NHL Head Coach Pat Burns Not Dead - Sep 17, 2010
- Pat Burns Rubbishes His Death Rumor, Says "I Am Alive" - Sep 18, 2010
- Baby 'boy' with rare condition turns out to be a girl 1 month later - Dec 22, 2010
- Teacher cleared of having sex with special needs pupil - Mar 26, 2010