Radcliffe’s parents initially against Potter roleNovember 23rd, 2011 - 2:24 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 23 (IANS) Actor Daniel Radcliffe almost missed out on the role of “Harry Potter” because his parents were initially unsure and thought it would disrupt his life as he will have to live in Los Angeles.
The 22-year-old, who played the schoolboy wizard in all eight “Harry Potter” movies, says his mother and father changed their mind after director Chris Columbus decided to shoot most of the movies in his native England.
“Chris Columbus had seen David Copperfield and said, ‘I want to audition this boy’. They went to my parents, and, at the time, the deal was to sign on for, I think, six films, all to be done in LA, and my mum and dad simply said, ‘That’s too much disruption to his life. That’s not gonna happen’,” contactmusic.com quoted Radcliffe as saying.
- No more Harry Potter books: Daniel Radcliffe - Nov 17, 2010
- No more Harry Potter for Radcliffe! - Jul 12, 2011
- Radcliffe will remain Harry Potter for fans - Apr 13, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe says that he is done with the Harry Potter franchise - Jun 20, 2011
- Life without Harry Potter 'will be scary, but exciting' for Radcliffe' - Nov 15, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe vetoed future Potter books - Apr 27, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe 'was worried about new Potter book rumours' - Apr 27, 2011
- Felton worked in fishery to realise value of money - Nov 17, 2010
- Jimmy Fallon Brings Out Daniel Radcliffe's Funny Side On His Chat Show - Nov 18, 2010
- Radcliffe won't leave London for US - Nov 16, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe helped Jason Isaacs create his scary Harry Potter look - Jun 17, 2010
- After 'Harry Potter', archaeology on Radcliffe's mind - Jul 10, 2011
- Radcliffe wants to play superhero - May 26, 2012
- Will The 'Harry Potter' Series Really End With 'Deathly Hallows'? - Nov 17, 2010
- Harry Potter wants a break for the Ashes - Nov 11, 2010
Tags: chris columbus, daniel radcliffe, david copperfield, director chris columbus, disruption, films, harry potter, harry potter movies, london, mother and father, mum and dad, native england, parents, schoolboy wizard