Radcliffe keen to play character from Shakespear’s bookMarch 23rd, 2011 - 5:30 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 23 (IANS) After successfully playing a wizard in the popular “Harry Potter” film series, young British actor Daniel Radcliffe is keen to do a role based out of a Shakespeare book.
“One day, yes, I’d love to. I’d be a pretty foolish actor if I sit here and say ‘no’ to that. It is also quite intimidating, the idea of doing Shakespeare,” Radcliffe has been quoted as saying by femalefirst.co.uk.
“I would love to, and hopefully I will one day, but I would certainly have to wait and make sure I was with a really good director because I’d need a lot of direction,” he added.
The 21-year-old will leave the “Harry Potter” franchise behind this summer when “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2″ hits the big screen.
Radcliffe, also keeping busy with theatre, has already completed work on the big screen adaptation of novel “The Woman In Black”. The thriller is directed by James Watkins.
The actor is also busy with the rehearsals of his musical debut on Broadway - “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying”.
- 'Potter' success cannot be repeated: Radcliffe - Mar 19, 2011
- Radcliffe won't leave London for US - Nov 16, 2010
- Radcliffe wants to play superhero - May 26, 2012
- Harry Potter and the Indian fan - one last magical time (Feature) - Jul 09, 2011
- Rupert Grint missing the sets of 'Harry Potter' - Jul 14, 2011
- No more Harry Potter books: Daniel Radcliffe - Nov 17, 2010
- Harry Potter, Broadway producers battle for Daniel Radcliffe - Mar 02, 2011
- Jimmy Fallon Brings Out Daniel Radcliffe's Funny Side On His Chat Show - Nov 18, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe Wears a Bra In “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” - Oct 21, 2010
- 'Harry Potter...Deathly Hallows 2' - a shallow end (IANS Film Review) - Jul 15, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe on Broadway - Apr 18, 2010
- Harry Potter wants a break for the Ashes - Nov 11, 2010
- Radcliffe's 'Woman In Black' to release in India Feb 10 - Jan 12, 2012
- Radcliffe eying role in 3-D supernatural thriller - Jul 19, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe a real wizard? - Nov 25, 2010
Tags: book london, british actor, broadway, daniel radcliffe, film series, franchise, good director, harry potter, harry potter and the deathly hallows, harry potter film, james watkins, london march, musical debut, rehearsals, screen adaptation, shakespear, shakespeare, shakespeare book, thriller, wizard