Rachel Weisz’s 85-year-old scientist-aunt was her inspiration for Agora roleMay 18th, 2009 - 4:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 18 (ANI): Rachel Weisz’ has revealed that her 85-year-old scientist-aunt was the actress’ muse for her role in the new film Agora.
The Mummy star said that she sought inspiration from her aunt Judith, and tried inhabiting the expert’s experiences, to portray the character of Hypatia, an astronomer in ancient Alexandria in the movie.
“I had one real-life scientist in my world I could speak to, and that was my aunt. She devoted her life to science - she was an endocrinologist, did cancer research, and she never married or had children,” the Telegraph quoted her as saying.
“Before I started making this film I said to her, ‘Auntie Judith, why did you never marry?’
“She said, ‘I never believed a man when he said that I would allow me to work as hard as I wanted to, and I realised I loved my work more than anything and I didn’t want anything to get in the way of it,”‘ she added. (ANI)
- Actress Rachel Weisz In A New Avatar In 'Agora' - Jul 24, 2010
- Actresses look sexier: Rachel Weisz - Aug 07, 2012
- Daniel Craig reports sex scenes to wife Rachel Weisz - Mar 21, 2012
- Rachel Weisz to replace Angelina Jolie in 'Gravity'? - Sep 05, 2010
- Winslet forms anti-cosmetic surgery group - Aug 19, 2011
- Remove make-up before sleeping, says Weisz - Jun 30, 2012
- Weisz worries about being jobless - Oct 29, 2011
- Mendes, Biel and Weisz unveil directorial debuts - Oct 27, 2010
- Rachel Weisz And Her Beau Darren Aronofsky Part Ways After Nine Years! - Nov 10, 2010
- Weisz is new face of Bulgari perfume - Jul 02, 2011
- Craig won't divulge wedding details - Dec 02, 2011
- I have countless flaws: Rachel Weisz - Aug 02, 2012
- Rachel Weisz tried to change her name - Jul 22, 2012
- Going unnoticed is easy, says Rachel Weisz - Jul 25, 2012
- Craig, Weisz marry - Jun 26, 2011