Rachel Weisz to star in ‘The Railway Man’November 26th, 2011 - 8:17 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 26 (IANS) Actress Rachel Weisz is all set to star in “The Railway Man” alongside Colin Firth.
Contactmusic.com reports that Weisz will take on the role of Patricia ‘Patti’ Wallace, the second wife of Colin’s character Eric Lomax.
Eric is a lieutenant in the Royal Corp of Signals who is captured by the Japanese army in Singapore during World War II.
The real life story is based on former army officer Eric’s book which details his experiences as a prisoner of war, and how he set out decades later to track down his tormentors and exact some revenge.
- Kidman replaces Weisz in 'Railway Man' - Mar 03, 2012
- Firth to appear in 'The Railway Man' - Sep 13, 2011
- Cameron Diaz in 'Gambit' remake - Feb 03, 2011
- Canadian air force units to return to Indian roots - Nov 17, 2011
- Craig, Weisz to buy $11.5 mn home - Jan 14, 2012
- Colin Firth immortalized in wax - Dec 15, 2011
- I have countless flaws: Rachel Weisz - Aug 02, 2012
- Colin Firth honoured with Variety's International Star award - Dec 13, 2010
- Remove make-up before sleeping, says Weisz - Jun 30, 2012
- Nicole Kidman, Colin Firth in new vampire flick - Mar 10, 2011
- Japan asks US to remove memorial to Korean sex slaves - May 21, 2012
- Colin Firth in 'Oldboy' remake? - Nov 15, 2011
- Weisz is new face of Bulgari perfume - Jul 02, 2011
- Now bid to meet Colin Firth - Nov 24, 2011
- Daniel Craig reports sex scenes to wife Rachel Weisz - Mar 21, 2012
Tags: actress, army officer, colin firth, contactmusic, decades, experiences, japanese army, lieutenant, lomax, london, patti wallace, prisoner of war, rachel weisz, railway man, revenge, royal corp of signals, second wife, singapore, world war ii