Rachel Weisz to replace Angelina Jolie in ‘Gravity’?September 5th, 2010 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Sep 5 (IANS) Actress Rachel Weisz is tipped to step into the shoes of Angelina Jolie in the film “Gravity”.
However, it is still not clear if director Alfonso Cuaron has had a talk with the “Agora” star, but reports say “producers are interest(ed) in meeting Weisz for the role very soon,” reports aceshowbiz.com.
Cuaron is said to be trying to cut the budget of the movie since Jolie will not star in it. Robert Downey Jr. has already been roped in for “Gravity”, and despite his credibility, his role is quite small and he was never planned to carry the film.
“Gravity” will focus on a female astronaut and her team leader on a remote space station as the other team members have got wiped out by a debris field from an exploding satellite. The female heroine’s attempts to return home to her child will be the main highlight of the story.
- Bullock to replace Portman in 'Gravity'? - Oct 08, 2010
- Downey Jr. may quit 'Gravity' - Oct 27, 2010
- Clooney to play astronaut in 'Gravity' - Dec 17, 2010
- Johansson replaces Jolie in sci-fi film? - Jul 24, 2010
- George Clooney replaces Robert Downey, Jr. in 'Gravity' - Dec 18, 2010
- Sandra Bullock And George Clooney Ready For The Outer Space Odyssey For Gravity - Dec 17, 2010
- Sandra Bullock shoots sans make-up - Jan 06, 2012
- Robert Downey Jr. to star in a movie based on the novel 'Emergency' - Oct 21, 2010
- Javier Bardem to act in 23rd James Bond film - Jan 31, 2011
- Why George Clooney, Sandra Bullock’s Alleged Gravity Becoming Overhyped 2010 Movie? - Dec 27, 2010
- Jolie immortalised in comic book - Mar 30, 2011
- Jolie made charity work cool, says Mendes - Oct 06, 2010
- Depp, Jolie to star in 'The Tourist'? - Nov 05, 2009
- Oscar Isaac, chameleon-like Latino triumphs in Hollywood - Aug 08, 2012
- Jennifer Aniston to play country musician - Mar 12, 2011
Tags: actress, alfonso cuaron, angelina jolie, budget, credibility, debris field, director alfonso cuaron, female astronaut, female heroine, gravity, highlight, producers, rachel weisz, robert downey, robert downey jr, satellite, shoes, space station, team leader, team members