Rachel Weisz Good Fit For Jackie Kennedy RoleApril 16th, 2010 - 7:59 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Apr 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Out of the many roles which Rachel Weisz had played, she may be about to step into the shoes of the most important character which she had ever portrayed. Weisz will be teaming up with her fiancée, Darren Aronofsky to to do a huge screen project which will center on former first lady, Jacqueline Kennedy (later to add ‘Onassis’,) and her life in the days which immediately followed the assassination of her husband, President John F Kennedy.
While Aronofsky will direct the movie, and Weisz will have the leading role, it was written by Noah Oppenheim. It has not yet been determined which studio will be the movie’s home. It should not be very hard to find a place. As of now, the movie is still in the pre-production stage, and the additional cast members are not yet known.
The story which is simply entitled “Jackie” will tell of the four days between the assassination of John F Kennedy and the day he was laid to rest at his burial. It was during those days that the entire country fell in love with Jackie for her vulnerability and her grace. This period in time is said to be when American fell in love with Jacqueline Kennedy. Her character has been played by several different actresses, such as Jeanne Tripplehorn, Jacqueline Bisset, Jill Hennessy, Parker Posey, Joanne Whalley, Stephanie Romanov and Sarah Michelle Gellar. Some are saying that none of the former actresses ere able to quite capture the personality which so many people adored. Most feel that Weisz will be a very good fit. It is already being said that this will most likely be an Oscar winner for everyone involved. Below is a video which shows many of the moments of Jackie Kennedy’s life, it is beautifully put together, and captures her grace and honor. She was born July 28, 1929 and died May 19, 1994.
- Rachel Weisz All Set To Play Jackie Kennedy - Apr 16, 2010
- Rachel Weisz to play Jackie Kennedy in film about JFK assassination - Apr 15, 2010
- Rachel Weisz to play Jackie Kennedy - Apr 16, 2010
- Rachel Weisz to play Jackie Kennedy in a new JFK movie - Apr 16, 2010
- Rachel Weisz anxious about playing Jackie Kennedy - May 20, 2010
- Rachel Weisz nervous to play Jackie Kennedy - May 21, 2010
- Jackie Kennedy's audiotapes reveal her unknown side - Sep 13, 2011
- Play's 'Aristotle behind Kennedy death' claim angers Onassis family - Oct 23, 2010
- Jackie Kennedy Interviews To Be Released - Apr 14, 2010
- Mila Kunis to play Jacqueline Kennedy? - Mar 02, 2012
- Rare footage that shows JFK's last night made public - Feb 23, 2011
- Tabloid blanked Ted Kennedy's sexcapades for gossip on Jackie Onassis - Oct 11, 2010
- Previously Unseen Photographs of the JFK Inauguration 50 Years Ago Today - Jan 21, 2011
- Drew Barrymore loved expressing her dark side in Grey Gardens - Mar 10, 2009
- I can love you without kissing you, wrote teenaged Jacqueline Kennedy - Apr 23, 2011
Tags: assassination of john f kennedy, cast members, darren aronofsky, first lady, jackie kennedy, jacqueline bisset, jacqueline kennedy, jeanne tripplehorn, jill hennessy, joanne whalley, john f kennedy, noah, oppenheim, oscar winner, parker posey, president john f kennedy, production stage, rachel weisz, sarah michelle gellar, stephanie romanov