Rachael Ray: Extreme Couponing, Salma HayekSeptember 21st, 2011 - 9:53 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Sep 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Salma Hayek was the guest star on Rachael Ray today. The two women discussed the fact that they are both Virgos, and compared the various characteristics which they shared. Salma is 45 and Rachael is 43 and they both stressed the need for moisturizing and cleaning the face in order to avoid “going under the knife.” This was in order to lead in to Salma’s pitch of her new product line for beauty products. “Nuance,” which contains ingredients that are used in burn units because they regenerate the skin. Her product line is available at ‘CVS’. Salma said she chose to sell the products cheaply, at a place where everyone could get them because she feels that every woman has the right to be beautiful.
Rachael then moved into Extreme Couponing, and explained how much money can be saved on school supplies by using this way of shopping. Rachael had a school teacher and mom who described how hard it was to keep up, not only at home, but having to supply the classroom at school too. She explained that because of budget cuts, the teachers are often having to provide what is needed for their classes.
Anjelique and Jeanette, Rachael’s guest star couponers and stars of ‘Extreme Couponing’ on ‘TLC’, showed how she could save by using coupons. She and Jeanette shared tips such as “know your cashiers” and “divide and conquer” with other moms. Jeanette shared that school supplies are usually on sale during the Christmas season, and purchasing ahead for the next year is wise during that time. Anjelique advises mom not to shop at “dollar stores” as so many do, but to go to the huge office supply stores and hit their sales.
Rachael then showed the audience how to cook her “Flat Pasta with Creamy Corn.”
- 6 ears corn on the cob, husked
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 pound pancetta or lean, center-cut bacon, finely chopped
- 1 Fresno chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped or 1/2 small sweet red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup shelled fava beans (when available - remove from pod, parboil 5 minutes in shell) or defrosted shelled edamame or lima beans
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound egg tagliatelle, Del Verde brand or other wide-cut pasta
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano, for topping
- Into a large bowl, scrape corn off the cobs as well as the cobs themselves for their sweet, starchy juices.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Add EVOO to the hot skillet and add pancetta or bacon. Cook to render fat and crisp, 3-4 minutes. Add corn and juices, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, and cook corn 3-4 minutes. Add peppers, onions and garlic; stir 5 minutes more. Add fava, edamame or lima beans and deglaze pan with wine or stock. Stir in butter and reduce heat to low.
- Salt boiling water and cook pasta to al dente. Add 1 cup starchy cooking water to the creamy corn succotash. Drain pasta, toss with corn and parsley, top with cheese.
- Bill Clinton Stars on 'Rachael Ray' Show - Sep 20, 2011
- Rachael Ray Stars NKOTB's Donnie Wahlberg - Sep 23, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Shaun White, CoJo, and Pilgrim Sandwiches - Oct 10, 2011
- Celine Dion & Kristin Chenoweth Stop by 'Rachael Ray Show' - Sep 29, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Catering Kim Kardashian's Wedding Shower - Oct 11, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Nick Lachey of 'The Sing Off' Stars - Oct 04, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Hugh Jackman Visits, Bobby Flay Cooks! - Oct 15, 2011
- Rachael Ray in the Kitchen with Tyra Banks and Rocco DiSpirito - Oct 06, 2011
- Recipes by celebrity NRI chef Vikas Khanna (To go with: 'No secrets in kitchen' is celebrity Indian chef's mantra) - May 08, 2012
- Rachael Ray: Rachel Bilson Gives Fashion Advice - Oct 12, 2011
- Vivid platters for Eid this year (With recipes) - Nov 06, 2011
- Rachael Ray: 'Jo Frost' & 'The Cake Boss' Join the Team - Oct 03, 2011
- Chef's Choice (To go with Humble egg in exotic avatars in Indian gourmet kitchens) - Mar 23, 2012
- Feasting on Holi delicacies (Recipes) - Mar 06, 2012
- Beer batter squids, anybody? Or beer cheese soup? (Eating out with IANS) - Dec 14, 2010
Tags: anjelique, budget cuts, cashiers, chili pepper, christmas season, corn on the cob, couponing, creamy corn, dollar stores, extra virgin olive oil, flat pasta, guest star, jeanette, office supply stores, pancetta, rachael ray, salma hayek, school supplies, virgin olive oil, virgos